PDA

View Full Version : Re: Jumbo's Level of Enthusiasm

calltheobvious
02-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Dear Jumbo,

My memory may be hazy, but it seems like it's been a long time since you've been this excited about a Duke team. My guess is that part of it has to do with getting to watch them develop within a new style. Clearly we have a good group of young guys who are developing before our eyes, and that's really fun; but that's always really fun. So what's different about this year's team that has you seemingly GGLC?

Yours in giddiness and curiosity,
cto

Jumbo
02-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Dear Jumbo,

My memory may be hazy, but it seems like it's been a long time since you've been this excited about a Duke team. My guess is that part of it has to do with getting to watch them develop within a new style. Clearly we have a good group of young guys who are developing before our eyes, and that's really fun; but that's always really fun. So what's different about this year's team that has you seemingly GGLC?

Yours in giddiness and curiosity,
cto

Interesting. I really don't think I've been any more excited this year than in the previous decade on DBR. Heck, last year I think I was a voice of optimism through much of a painful season. Now, obviously I'm stoked about the Carolina win. And I really want everyone to appreciate how good we have it. But given the fact that some people think I'm excited/giddy/overly optimistic and others get on me for being too critical, I guess I'm doing my job. And when I say "job," I mean that I'm accomplishing what I hope to do when I post -- being analytical while remaining true to my Duke fandom. I'm not sure if that makes any sense. But I'm really enjoying this season, just as I always enjoy watching Duke play.

Wander
02-07-2008, 09:56 PM
The answer is pretty obvious - how many Duke teams over the past decade has Scheyer been on? :)

Jumbo
02-07-2008, 10:20 PM
The answer is pretty obvious - how many Duke teams over the past decade has Scheyer been on? :)

LOL. Yeah, I was thrilled last season. He has a long way to go to reach Battier/C-Well/Hurley levels...