PDA

View Full Version : Did you rub it in?

Chard
02-07-2008, 04:18 PM
I couldn't help myself. I brought a big magnetic D with the devil inside and hung it up at the office in a prominent location. This was after I drove to work with it on the tailgate. Some of the holes got a kick out of it, others quietly scurried away.

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-07-2008, 04:22 PM
I couldn't help myself. I brought a big magnetic D with the devil inside and hung it up at the office in a prominent location. This was after I drove to work with it on the tailgate. Some of the holes got a kick out of it, others quietly scurried away.
You say the Devil made you do ti?

MikeS
02-07-2008, 04:26 PM
one of my roomates is a die hard tar heel fan and he was watching the game out in the living room with the rest of my roomates, while i was more of a nervous wreck on the phone with my old man in my room the whole game. so when the game was over I came out with my Blue Devil jersey doing my best Danny Green dance.

TillyGalore
02-07-2008, 04:33 PM
one of my roomates is a die hard tar heel fan and he was watching the game out in the living room with the rest of my roomates, while i was more of a nervous wreck on the phone with my old man in my room the whole game. so when the game was over I came out with my Blue Devil jersey doing my best Danny Green dance.

That's awesome!

I didn't rub it in to anybody. Was burned as a young child rubbing in wins thus am VERY careful to whom I rub things in.

A hole friend of mine sent me an email, "good game, enjoy it" yada, yada, yada. Told him I'd enjoy this game for the rest of my life and that there will be no revenge taken on March 8th much to his chagrin.

Methodistman
02-07-2008, 04:39 PM
I wouldn't say I rubbed it in, but I did email and post a picture of a good friend of mine who is a unc fanatic as he stands at the back of my Liberty.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2104/2246669358_c33d74ca4e_o.jpg

Flyers52
02-07-2008, 04:40 PM
I was talking so much trash during the game and post game to my friends and roommates who are tarhole fans, that I had nothing really to say...I even did the Danny Green dance, while playing We Are The Champions on my ihome...They're only response- No Ty Lawson....I've never seen so many kids at my college (a school in NY) so pissed HAHAHA...Revenge is sweet and SUCCESS IS SWEETER.

LETS GO DUKE

Lavabe
02-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Dancing Harry, of the early 1970's Knicks teams? (He was later brought into the ABA w/the Pacers).

He was the fan who came out, danced along the sidelines during time outs, and put the whammy on opponents.

I'm sorry, but every time I am forced to watch Danny Green do his dance, I get flashbacks to my youth.

Cheers and flashbacks,
Lavabe

billybreen
02-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Hard to rub it in up here in Boston, where almost no one cares. I did pass by a random stranger in a UNC cap and give him a hearty 'Let's go Duke!', but it only served to confuse. He said 'No, this is a UNC cap.' I said, 'I know, Duke won last night. I was being a jerk.'

Very unsatisfying.

BoC
02-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Hard to rub it in up here in Boston, where almost no one cares. I did pass by a random stranger in a UNC cap and give him a hearty 'Let's go Duke!', but it only served to confuse. He said 'No, this is a UNC cap.' I said, 'I know, Duke won last night. I was being a jerk.'

Very unsatisfying.

So that guy was wearing a UNC cap for the fashion value? A baby-blue cap for FASHION?!

(Because, by his reaction to your cheer, he obviously doesn't follow Duke/UNC bball.)

godukerocks
02-07-2008, 07:42 PM
I let everyone know through the myspace bullitens ;)

billybreen
02-07-2008, 07:52 PM
So that guy was wearing a UNC cap for the fashion value? A baby-blue cap for FASHION?!

(Because, by his reaction to your cheer, he obviously doesn't follow Duke/UNC bball.)

Yeah, he wasn't the youngest dude, so maybe he has a kid at UNC but doesn't pay attention to sports. Still very inconsiderate to my needs as a gloating jerk.

Taco
02-07-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm a pregame trash talker, not a post game rubber-inner. Besides, if you're good enough at trash talking, they'll know.

Ben63
02-07-2008, 09:07 PM
I rubbed it in at school today. Walked in with my leather Duke jacket and gave a great GTHC. My two tarhole friends gave Lawson excuses. Later, I sent one kid a text message that read, "Paulus just hit another one." If i posted the return message, I would receive an infraction. Very Satisfying.

GTHC

dukegirlinsc
02-07-2008, 10:48 PM

Very unsatisfying.

those holes are OH SO bright.

dukegirlinsc
02-07-2008, 10:50 PM
i have a little duke blanket that has devil heads all over it at work. i modestly draped it over my chair at work. i also had the fight song as my main ring tone, and let my phone ring obnoxiously loud all day at work.

CrazyCat
02-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Living in Chicago, I don't get the great satisfaction as when I was home in NC, but non the less, my car has 3 Duke stickers on it, I wore my Duke basketball necklace and braclet. Walked around with my Duke coffee mug, wrote with my Duke Blue Devil pen, and had my Cameron Crazie shirt on under my sweater. I have a few BB junkies that I associate with, so they came in my wok to offer their congratulations. Very nice..

BlueDevilJay
02-08-2008, 08:22 AM
I didn't rub it in whatsoever, only to the "bandwagon" fans who came to me with excuses. I have found in my many years as a Duke fan, being silent is the best way to rub it in. It seriously drives them CRAZY. Plus today, I got my payoff when a diehard UNC fan here had to wear a Duke shirt to work all day, as a result of a bet I made with her. Im lovin it!

Topdevil
02-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Saying nothing to TarHole fans is the best way to bother them. It lets them know that Duke fans don't measure success by comparisons to UNC, the way UNC fans do by comparisons to Duke.

Vic Bubas told K when he started NOT to measure himself by what was going on eight miles down the road. Good advice.

Also, I have found over the years that pulling against them in games other than against us only seems to help them, invoking sort of a reverse karma. IGNORE them, and then revel in it when they lose. Tell them, if they bring it up, that a win is a win, nothing all that special about it.

And, if I were Roy Williams, I wouldn't let Danny Green do that stupid dance ever again.

jjasper0729
02-08-2008, 09:59 AM
I didn't rub it in. I merely wore my Duke pullover all day around the office and got a few glares but didn't say a word. It was so much more gratifying.

Chard
02-08-2008, 10:10 AM
These are great. There are several ways to "rub it in". I prefer the subtle support of Duke that every one knows just kills the UNC fans. Putting up that magnetic D at work was passive but effective. No need to say anything. However, I do call my close tarhole fans and leave a very mature message on their voice mail since they won't pick up once they see who it is. They've had no problem calling me after the previous three games with UNC.

DukeDevil
02-08-2008, 10:28 AM
i have a little duke blanket that has devil heads all over it at work. i modestly draped it over my chair at work. i also had the fight song as my main ring tone, and let my phone ring obnoxiously loud all day at work.

Where can you download a duke ring tone?

millerecu
02-08-2008, 10:37 AM
To defer my gloating till after they lose in Cameron. Its going to be so much sweeter to rag them all day long and they won't be able to come back with "No Lawson". Although I am sure its killing all of the people I usually rub it in to that I have not called yet. GTHC.

dukegirlinsc
02-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Where can you download a duke ring tone?

Well I have SunCom, and they offer it in their ring tone database.

mpc
02-08-2008, 10:54 AM
The local Duke and UNC alumni groups were watching the game at the same bar and after the game we gave a solid GTHC chant to which the UNC fans responded by throwing things as they walked out the door.

camcraz25
02-08-2008, 11:24 AM
ha ha, what bar was that? something on 15-501?

RepoMan
02-08-2008, 02:35 PM
I never gloat.

The agony of defeat is so much worse than the thrill of victory, I hate to add more fuel to the fire. (Of course, my reticence doesn't stop the Hole retards from seeking me out to inflict pain, so maybe I should reconsider.)

BigTedder
02-08-2008, 04:13 PM

Didn't have to.....

devildeac
02-09-2008, 12:33 AM
ha ha, what bar was that? something on 15-501?

This post simply needs to go BTTT, just because of the fabulous decal which I still gets lots of mileage out of, especially the last 2 days(thanks camcraz, again). No car or pocket should be without one(or three!)

ArkieDukie
02-09-2008, 10:17 AM
I did get the requisite "Duke cheats" e-mail from a UNC grad at work. My response: "Well, if you want to call shooting almost 50% from 3 point range cheating..."