PDA

View Full Version : It would be hilarious if.............

DBFAN
02-07-2008, 01:05 PM
It would be so funny when the tarholes come to Durham, if a handful of the crazies would start doing that dancing stuff that Danny Green was doing right before the game, what in the h@&! was that?

camcraz25
02-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Apparently he does it before every game..like superstition or something. Didn't help them win yesterday! But yes, definitely put that down on the cheer sheet!

pamtar
02-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Personally, I think that dance is hilarious. Especially since he's doing it at tip-off. Guys are all geared up at center court and Green is just going crazy in the corner of the screen. I laugh every time I see it (which is last night and on ESPN replays). I didn't like him until I saw his dance.

What happens if he starts though?

ugadevil
02-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Wow. I just went on YouTube and typed "Danny Green + dance". That thing is great. Players dancing on the sidelines seems to be getting more and more popular.

DukeDevilDeb
02-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Over on inside Carolina, lots of the posters are complaining about Danny's dance... saying it was fine and cute earlier in the season (especially when they were winning), but that now it seemed silly, especially when they didn't win.

Apparently, Roy spoke out and said that college basketball players should be allowed to have some fun. I totally agree with that. However, I think the dancing is now distracting some folks... we'll see if he does it in Cameron!

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Over on inside Carolina, lots of the posters are complaining about Danny's dance... saying it was fine and cute earlier in the season (especially when they were winning), but that now it seemed silly, especially when they didn't win.

Apparently, Roy spoke out and said that college basketball players should be allowed to have some fun. I totally agree with that. However, I think the dancing is now distracting some folks... we'll see if he does it in Cameron!

Somehow all this talk about dancing makes me think of the tow guys who used to dance at the NC State games. What a hoot!

LetItBD08
02-07-2008, 04:01 PM
we'll see if he does it in Cameron!

It'll be tough without the piped-in music.

ugadevil
02-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Danny Green dancing brings another player dancing to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ3y5hTHuP4

WTF!

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Danny Green dancing brings another player dancing to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ3y5hTHuP4

WTF!

Didn't Noah just earn a suspension that his teammates voted to extend?

ugadevil
02-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Didn't Noah just earn a suspension that his teammates voted to extend?

That is correct. I think they extended the suspension after watching this video.

cajundevil74
02-07-2008, 04:15 PM
With all of the players lined up and dancing - it looked more like an an episode of Soul Train - I thought Don Cornelius was going to appear ...

weezie
02-07-2008, 04:21 PM
It'll be tough without the piped-in music.

:D Good one! But I sure hope he tries. It's simply delightful to watch him make such a fool of himself...and Roy for that matter.

edensquad
02-07-2008, 05:00 PM
After last night, Danny might want to consider working on his shot a little more.... and his dance moves a little less:D

Lavabe
02-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Hey ... if he's adding no value on the court (at least last night he sure didn't), shouldn't he be spending his time doing something other than dancing?

Sorry, the guy creeps me out.

Now if ROY could dance ... :D

Cheers for fears,
Lavabe

freedevil
02-07-2008, 05:12 PM
I understand that he's trying to have fun and not trying to win a dance contest, but he looks like an idiot. For his own sake, he should stop.

BoC
02-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Something I'd like to see for the rematch in CIS is a Crazy with a "Separated at Birth?" sign, one side with Hansbrough, the other with a fish out of water, flopping around.

dukestheheat
02-07-2008, 07:12 PM

If Green dances in Cameron, we are going to have issues. Cameron is a HOUSE OF PAIN and while I see him having fun over there in Chapel Hell, he isn't supposed to have any true fun in Cameron. I want him to play and remember his experience here, but I want him coming and going in a bad humor.

And anyway, he's getting off to the song 'Jump Around'; I think it's ok to move around but clearly, he's taken it a long way and maybe it's reaching outside of what it was intended to be: maybe it's now about 'Danny' and not so much a boyish reaction to adrenaline.

Anyway, dance on your own time but not in our House.

dth.

arydolphin
02-07-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm going to agree with Pamtar, which will put me in the minority in this thread. The dance is hilarious. Roy was on PTI on Tuesday and was asked about Green getting criticism for the dance, and he argued that college kids should be allowed to have fun. Apparently, he only does it at home games, and it helps get the crowd excited at the start of the year. Other than him looking silly to some people, what's the harm in that?

dukegirlinsc
02-07-2008, 10:56 PM
After last night, Danny might want to consider working on his shot a little more.... and his dance moves a little less:D

ouch!!!

aro24
02-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Everytime I think of basketball players dancing, I can't help but think of Mark Madsen......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpbXl5Sp-Wc

ARo24

Channing
02-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Surely DUMB can do something to derisively mock Green . . .

DoubleDuke Dad
02-08-2008, 09:19 AM
I am shocked at your lack of compassion. The poor boy is having an epileptic fit and all you can do is make fun of him. Shame on you! How can you be so cruel?

Oh, he was dancing? Never Mind.

RepoMan
02-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Wow. Somehow I missed that. God bless You Tube.

That is goofy beyond belief.

I am glad to say that I am quite confident we will never see anything like that on the sidelines while Coach K is running the ship.

Lavabe
02-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Here's my idea...

We all where green t-shirts for Mr. Green, and then ... :eek:

captmojo
02-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Wear Beaker masks on their visit. There's plenty of opportunity with this bunch of holes.

Lavabe
02-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Here's my idea...

We all where green t-shirts for Mr. Green, and then ... :eek:

I mean THESE green t-shirts:
http://store.cstv.com/marketplace/store_contents.cfm?cart_id=10070079371111779711511 14204720080802&store_id=296&dept_id=-1&product_id=81781

What were YOU thinking of?:D