PDA

View Full Version : A classic Roy-Will quote

Mike Corey
02-07-2008, 01:12 AM
From the postgame:

"They got any shot they wanted. I don't know very many times tonight our defense dictated what shot they got. They had better spacing; they were more patient. I asked, and they thought I was kidding--it shows how poor of a coach I am, at one time out I told them I wanted a dunk or a 35 second shot clock violation. We didn't get either one of them."

Heelkiller1
02-07-2008, 01:16 AM
O' Roy Boy Has Such A Way With Words ,typical Carolina Grad.

kinghoops
02-07-2008, 01:18 AM
actually ol roy said sean may wanted dunkin doughnuts

STLDukeFan4
02-07-2008, 01:23 AM
thats classic. Where do you read the post game quotes from?

kinghoops
02-07-2008, 01:25 AM
actually he said sean wanted 35 dunkin doughnuts or it would be a violation

Heelkiller1
02-07-2008, 01:31 AM
That Was Sean May? I Thought That Was Stay Puff Having A Night On The Town.

ghost
02-07-2008, 01:31 AM
thats classic. Where do you read the post game quotes from?

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/727293.html

hc5duke
02-07-2008, 02:31 AM
actually ol roy said sean may wanted dunkin doughnuts

even over on IC they're saying may needs to lose some weight. hilarious

SilkyJ
02-07-2008, 03:08 AM
actually he said sean wanted 35 dunkin doughnuts or it would be a violation

haha. who didnt notice

anybody else remember Pasha dressing up as sean may, chinese tattoos and all, and chasing after a big mac box tied to a string that someone was dragging along the court? one of my funniest memories from cis...

hc5duke
02-07-2008, 04:16 AM
haha. who didnt notice

anybody else remember Pasha dressing up as sean may, chinese tattoos and all, and chasing after a big mac box tied to a string that someone was dragging along the court? one of my funniest memories from cis...

already been done with nigel dixon before that :-p

Mike Corey
02-07-2008, 10:48 AM
haha. who didnt notice

I'm proud to call Pasha one of my best friends, so hopefully he won't loathe me for posting this photo:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r22/Coreyo34/n1302137_30127354_2393.jpg

DukeFencer
02-07-2008, 11:05 AM
I thought Sean May eats babies...

Acymetric
02-07-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm proud to call Pasha one of my best friends, so hopefully he won't loathe me for posting this photo:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r22/Coreyo34/n1302137_30127354_2393.jpg

OH MAN! I laughed for a good while at that. Hilarious!

jipops
02-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Roy's quote would have been more classic if he had referred to himself in the 3rd person like he usually does. But apparently he does this after wins and on non-game days.

thomas
02-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Why is it, when Carolina loses, Roy Williams always seems to place the blame on what he or his team did poorly, rather than what the opposing team did well?

Here's a typical quote: "“We weren’t patient,” Roy Williams said of his UNC squad. “I thought we rushed our shots. We didn’t make them play defense.”

Didn't make them play defense? What game was he watching?

Why not compliment Duke and say the better team won, as Coach K always does (even when he may not mean it)? I'm so tired of this crap. GTHC.

weezie
02-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Roy has to have one of the worst haircuts I've ever seen. Does he cut his own hair?

Duvall
02-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Why is it, when Carolina loses, Roy Williams always seems to place the blame on what he or his team did poorly, rather than what the opposing team did well?

Here's a typical quote: "“We weren’t patient,” Roy Williams said of his UNC squad. “I thought we rushed our shots. We didn’t make them play defense.”

Didn't make them play defense? What game was he watching?

Why not compliment Duke and say the better team won, as Coach K always does (even when he may not mean it)? I'm so tired of this crap. GTHC.
That's not true (http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/020708aaa.html).

I thought it was an extremely hard fought game. Both teams really wanted to play well, but their team played better than we did. They were the most disciplined team on the game tonight. The team that did the most of the little things won the game tonight. Whether it is shooting the ball in the hole or making free throws in the second half or getting a hand up on the outside shot--the team that won the game was the most disciplined. They did the best job doing what their coaching staff wanted them to do. I need to find someway, somehow, to get my team to the point where we do the little things that make the difference between winning or losing a basketball game. I do believe that Duke has all the ingredients. They have played sensational basketball all season. I think I read one of their comments at the end of the season was over last year with the four straight losses that they had great motivation all summer and the preseason. They have great chemistry. I am very impressed with their team. They were the most disciplined team. The team had the best coaching and they were the team that won the game.

thomas
02-07-2008, 08:55 PM
I stand corrected. I did not see or hear that.

thomas
02-07-2008, 09:12 PM
There is still a recurrent pattern to Williams' post-game comments. I'll be glad to provide numerous examples.