PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Hansbrough called for traveling

Wander
02-07-2008, 12:16 AM
Yes, it really happened.

Duvall
02-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Mods, please do not merge this thread. This important occasion deserves recognition.

willywoody
02-07-2008, 12:18 AM
yes, i thought hell had frozen over. i still remember it like a dream.

weezie
02-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Shocking indeed. How could those bad, bad men in the striped shirts be so mean?

speedevil
02-07-2008, 12:19 AM
Yes, it really happened.

wow, the refs actually called one on him

Turtleboy
02-07-2008, 12:20 AM
Shocking indeed. How could those bad, bad men in the striped shirts be so mean?Things got a bit fast for them. There little heads were spinning.

Karl Beem
02-07-2008, 12:21 AM
It was a make-up call. They had totally honked on the previous call on Nolan Smith!:rolleyes:

hc5duke
02-07-2008, 12:23 AM
It was truly mind-bottling... Like your mind is trapped in a bottle.

Dbluedevils1530
02-07-2008, 12:27 AM
I honestly thought i was watching the wrong game. My buddies are like dude turn in back to the game and im like wait i think they actually did call him for traveling. We were all in disbelief.

greybeard
02-07-2008, 12:28 AM
This was one of last year's heated rule debates re Green's shot that downed Carolina in the tourneyment.

H caught it low right with both feet planted. Short of drop-stepped laterally with his right into the lane, lifted his back (left) foot past his right while turning to face the basket, plants the left foot and jumps and shots. To me that there is 2 1/2 steps, when initiating the dribble I always thought you only get one.

A little official rule interpretation here Feldspar; that's why you are paid the big bucks, right?

hurleyfor3
02-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Are we positive it wasn't a technical on Henderson? Can someone YouTube it? Or is it like the Immaculate Reception and through some "coincidence" no good footage (pun intended) exists?

EarlJam
02-07-2008, 12:33 AM
yes, i thought hell had frozen over. i still remember it like a dream.

YES! My thoughts exactly! I thought I was dreaming and nearly fell out of my chair - and it wasn't because of the 11 beers.

-EarlJam

P.S. Duke!

JBDuke
02-07-2008, 12:33 AM
Are we positive it wasn't a technical on Henderson? Can someone YouTube it? Or is it like the Immaculate Reception and through some "coincidence" no good footage (pun intended) exists?

No, but the ref almost missed it, because he was looking into the crowd and thinking about calling a technical on Daniel Ewing for breathing while sitting behind the Duke bench.

OZZIE4DUKE
02-07-2008, 12:35 AM
Yes, it really happened.

That's what happens when you are in HELL!

It's a 9F world baby!

Taco
02-07-2008, 12:39 AM
nerd that I am, I was chatting with a displaced college buddy and Duke fan* on AIM during the game, here's an excerpt

Me: OH MY GOD
Him: did they just call a travel
Me: TRAVELING CALL ON HANSBROUGH
Him: i don't believe it
Me: DOWN IS UP
Me: UP IS DOWN
Me: PIGS ACROSS THE COUNTRY TAKE FLIGHT
Me: A TRAVELING CALL ON HANSBROUGH
Me: IT'S A WHOLE NEW WORLD
Him: haha

edit: please excuse the exuberant all caps

*slightly interesting side note: a native Alaskan, he caught the Duke bug when Langdon committed

CameronBlue
02-07-2008, 12:41 AM
It was a make-up call. They had totally honked on the previous call on Nolan Smith!:rolleyes:

That's a fact. Nolan was hosed on that call.

OZZIE4DUKE
02-07-2008, 12:41 AM
nerd that I am, I was chatting with a displaced college buddy and Duke fan* on AIM during the game, here's an excerpt

*slightly interesting side note: a native Alaskan, he caught the Duke bug when Langdon committed

That happened to a lot of Alaskans. And when Boozer committed, Duke became the official University of Alaska :D

Eternal Outlaw
02-07-2008, 12:42 AM
It was shocking. No one flops more than Hansborough or gets bailed out to go to the foul line. It makes it hard to know what to call him:

Flopsborough
or
Bailborough

EarlJam
02-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Hansbralah has been nominated for an academy award for his 1st half flop.

Someone at the table at Frankie's where I was be screamed, "The Tyler Topple!"

I thought it was a cool name thing or moniker or whatever. I like it.

I like beer.

-EarlJam

jzp5079
02-07-2008, 12:46 AM
:p :( :confused: :D

Heelkiller1
02-07-2008, 12:52 AM
The Refs Are Starting To Get It Right ,the Travel Call Was ....well Unbeliveable ,i Was Like Did They Just Call That Wow.as Far As Hansblahs Flops ,how Can He Be In Cocideration For P.o.y. If Plays Defense On His Back? Go Duke 9f