PDA

View Full Version : Daily Tar Heel Picks Duke

grc5
02-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Congrats Tar Holes; you guys know when to fold them:

http://media.www.dailytarheel.com/media/storage/paper885/news/2008/02/06/Sports/Lowdown.On.Tonights.Game-3190404.shtml

My favorite part is that they admitted that Coach K is better than Roy-Will

juise
02-06-2008, 03:20 PM
The outraged comments are my favorite part... almost as good as IC.

When I saw this thread, I remembered the parody issues that the Chronicle used to run when we played Carolina, and thought that the DTH might have been doing the same thing. Nope... that's for real (though it could be reverse mojo).

strawman
02-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Do schools usually try to create their own bulletin board material?

devildeac
02-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Do schools usually try to create their own bulletin board material?

I heard rumors that ol' deano did this a few years back when he got his buddy shamsky, err, chansky to pen a piece saying unc had no chance against Duke and then posted it for all his players to see. Olympic Fan or Jim Sumner would recall this better than me, however. I think this has been mentioned on the board recently.

mpc
02-06-2008, 06:53 PM
The comments are the best part. I'm watching the game where a lot of UNC fans will be, hopefully they've seen this and will have some choice comments to make.

hc5duke
02-06-2008, 11:33 PM
This is the last comment, supposdly from Jesse Baumgartner, emphases mine:

Hey guys, I appreciate all the feedback, and I just wanted to answer some of your comments about the game tonight.

Listen, I love Carolina as much as anyone. I've been going to games since I was a freshman. But Roy Williams will never be as good as Coach K. Really, he just got a lucky batch of great players, otherwise he wouldn't even have a championship ring. Coach K is a legend. And Tyler? OVERRATED, of course. He can't produce in big games...just watch tonight.

Here's how confident I am. If I'm wrong, all of you can email me at jbaum@email.unc.edu and tell me so, or IM me at JessBaum33. But I won't be, and all of you idiots that don't know anything about sports, you can whine about it all you want when you apply for a transfer after Roy Williams blows it again tonight.
(linkage (http://www.dailytarheel.com/home/index.cfm?event=displayArticleComments&ustory_id=ce6d5bc3-93f8-49b1-8347-7d26002b2bd8&startRow=51))

Smart man :)

dukestheheat
02-06-2008, 11:35 PM
The prescience of the Daily Tar Heel is notable.

note: I am dth, not the Daily Tar Heel (DTH), I PROMISE, PROMISE.

I am dukestheheat, and I approved this message, and I am giddy that we won like we did.

mgtr
02-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Congrats to the Daily Tar Heel for getting it right.

OZZIE4DUKE
02-06-2008, 11:37 PM
They were right! Advantage Duke!:D