PDA

View Full Version : zero productivity

DukeDevil
02-06-2008, 01:00 PM
This may be more off topic...
but let's be honest here, given the distraction of the game tonight and perusing the DBR boards to get your fix until 9 pm...how much honest to goodness work have you actually done today?

I think my tally is a minute and 30 seconds thus far.

DavidBenAkiva
02-06-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm not trying to brag, but I put in a few solid hours of work this morning. I did change pens at one point since I noticed that the one that I was using was not quite blue enough. My tie, shirt, coffee mug, etc. are, though. I feel good. I feel right.

Bye the way, did anyone notice there was a football game over the weekend? I guess there was some political thing yesterday, too. I didn't really pay attention. I just kept dreaming of Gerald and Demarcus driving the lane and throwing down a monster dunk.

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana

BlueDevilJay
02-06-2008, 01:22 PM
I've actually been working my tail off today here at the office, seems to make the hours pass quicker until 4pm when I can get the heck out of here. Of course I keep getting interrupted by UNC fans making sure they let me know of their excuse for tonight (Should Ty not play). I remind them of Boozer, but most of them don't remember that as the majority of hole fans here at work are bandwagoners. First time this season I've seen any of them wear anything UNC related. I respect the true fans, but these morons here at work drive me insane, so I've found it best to put on the IPod, hit the shuffle songs button, and go off into my own world for the next 2 and 1/2 hours, working steadily the whole way. Now AFTER work time is going to DRAG for me.

Edit: Oh and I have the 1998 game in Cameron on my IPod so now I have it hooked up to my speakers and am watching it as I work....the volume is up loud enough for the UNC fans nearby to hear and suffer. Lovin it.

DukeUsul
02-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Let me tell you how busy at work I've been these days. I've been working mostly from home, pulling long days. About a 12 hr day last Thursday. A 17!!! hour day this Monday.

So I finally come in to the office today, and my boss asks me how all the work is going. I explain how busy we are and we've made all this progress, blah, blah, gonna demo to the client this afternoon.

So he asks. "So you ready for tongiht?"
(He's a clemson grad and avid ACC fan)

And I proceed to go into 10 minutes of how our demo for the client is going to go, we're ready, stuff looks good.....etc.

He just pauses when I'm done and says "I was asking about the game."

JBDuke
02-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Let me tell you how busy at work I've been these days. I've been working mostly from home, pulling long days. About a 12 hr day last Thursday. A 17!!! hour day this Monday.

So I finally come in to the office today, and my boss asks me how all the work is going. I explain how busy we are and we've made all this progress, blah, blah, gonna demo to the client this afternoon.

And I proceed to go into 10 minutes of how our demo for the client is going to go, we're ready, stuff looks good.....etc.

Dude, that's just ... wrong.

DukeDevil
02-06-2008, 02:00 PM

Shame...SHAME I say. You're presentation to your clients should comprise a highlight reel of the game

hurleyfor3
02-06-2008, 02:07 PM
This is nothing. Try thinking about anything else on a Monday we're playing for the national championship.

blublood
02-06-2008, 02:09 PM
This may be more off topic...
but let's be honest here, given the distraction of the game tonight and perusing the DBR boards to get your fix until 9 pm...how much honest to goodness work have you actually done today?

I think my tally is a minute and 30 seconds thus far.

I think maybe an hour? I hired a student this morning, sent the paperwork to HR, blah, blah, blah, but then made the mistake of clicking onto DBR. Productivity over!

And then, as if I needed an excuse to be any more distracted, we went to a restaurant for lunch and ESPN was playing this sort of tribute to the Duke-Carolina rivalry, complete with clips of Shane, Jeff Capel's buzzer-beater, and the famous Wojo bear hug. I swear to God, I was practically crying into my burrito! (for the record, I'm female... but still kinda not good in front of your boss who attended neither Duke nor UNC :) )

dukeENG2003
02-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Instead of giving my Solidworks designers "redline drawings" to make changes today, they are getting "bluelines".

DukeUsul
02-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Dude, that's just ... wrong.

I know. *sniff* I'm so ashamed.

BlueintheFace
02-06-2008, 02:39 PM
I have class in a half hour, but I just started the 1998 game on the computer so its starting to look like I might be a little occupied. Oh well, I doubt I'd be listening anyways given the fact I haven't sat still all day

bigj4194
02-06-2008, 02:53 PM
I just out of my two classes which I didn't pay attention in cuz I was perusing DBR. I couldn't even tell you the topics of the two lectures that I had today.

now...should i even attempt the homework that i have due tomorrow...NO...its all about game prep!

GO TO HELL carolina GO TO HELL!!!!

Classof06
02-06-2008, 02:56 PM
As far as that excuse is concerned, tell them Vegas has Carolina as a 4-point favorite. Not that Duke is going to lose but those guys in Sin City usually know what they're doing. Though it won't stop any UNC fans, I don't think they have that much of an excuse if Duke wins. I know the ACC standings agree with me :D

weezie
02-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Didn't Vegas lose over 2bil on the Super Bowl?

BlueDevilJay
02-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Just completed the 98 "BearHug" game on the IPod....man Im freakin ready!!!! Only 45 more minutes here and I'm out!

Bob Green
02-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Productivity? Forget about it! I'm leaving to go to work in about 30 minutes with game time set for 1100. My authorized 45 minutes lunch will last for 2+ hours today.

Classof06
02-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Didn't Vegas lose over 2bil on the Super Bowl?

Yes they did. But I don't think anyone argued about who the favorite should be going into the game.

dukegirlinsc
02-06-2008, 03:34 PM
i don't work on duke/unc day. i haven't in about 4 years. when i was in college, i skipped class. (great student, i know.) it's just one of those things. i need all day to mentally and physically prepare. i feel that work &/or class is a huge distraction to my preparation.

with that being said, it's only 3:34.
crap.

strawman
02-06-2008, 03:41 PM
I've been on cruise control since about 2pm. I'm lucky enough to get to go to the game tonight so focusing on work has taken a back seat for the rest of the day.

DukeDevil
02-06-2008, 04:00 PM
I feel better now, all the early posts with their "oh I actually have put in 156 hours of work today" guilted me into putting in a few good hours, but my motivation is about zero.

wilson
02-06-2008, 06:04 PM
I half(butt)ed my way through a book today, and I'll be ready enough for class tomorrow, but I've been jittery for nigh on three days now.
Good thing I already know a lot about the Stamp Act.