PDA

View Full Version : I blame Gisele

Bostondevil
02-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Oh darn. But, realizing that being too upset this morning would make everyone remind me just how spoiled I am living in Boston right now, I won't complain to loudly.

However, just to go over the really bad things about the Pats losing Super Bowl XLII

1. Endless Peyton or Eli or both! commercials.
2. Endless discussions of 'Who's the better Manning' on football shows, not that I can watch them anymore.
3. If the Pats HAD to lose a Super Bowl in the Brady Era, why couldn't it have been to Philly? (Or Green Bay, I would have preferred Green Bay.)
4. I really can't stand the Mannings.
5. Really. I've had enough.

Darn, darn, darn.

But you know, we've got the real Big Game on Wednesday.

And much as I love the Pats, they are no better than third place in my sports affections. It's winter, number 1 is Duke. In the summer, number 1 is the Sox. Don't ask me to pick between them, I don't think I could.

mehmattski
02-04-2008, 12:17 PM
And much as I love the Pats, they are no better than third place in my sports affections. It's winter, number 1 is Duke. In the summer, number 1 is the Sox. Don't ask me to pick between them, I don't think I could.

The Red Sox open the season in Japan on March 25.

The Final Four is April 5 and 7.

I, for one, hope this puts you in a conflicting fan situation!

duke74
02-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Maybe Tom/Gisele and Tony/Jessica can double date in Cabo?

Bostondevil
02-04-2008, 12:24 PM
The Red Sox open the season in Japan on March 25.

The Final Four is April 5 and 7.

I, for one, hope this puts you in a conflicting fan situation!

Me too! I can handle it for two weeks.

JohnEdwardThomas
02-04-2008, 01:32 PM
2. Endless discussions of 'Who's the better Manning' on football shows, not that I can watch them anymore.
3. If the Pats HAD to lose a Super Bowl in the Brady Era, why couldn't it have been to Philly? (Or Green Bay, I would have preferred Green Bay.)

no kidding. i would feel much better about losing last night's game if it were a) not to a NY team and b) not to a manning.

thank GOD the red sox have won, otherwise we'd be hearing the chant

"1918-1"

JohnEdwardThomas
02-04-2008, 01:33 PM
oh also, if archie manning were infertile, the pats would have 5 super bowls...

DukieInKansas
02-04-2008, 01:36 PM
You have to find some good in everything so here are 2 small consolations:

1. Duke football will benefit from this - Coach Cutcliffe is bringing in a Parade All-American QB - probably because of his work with the Mannings.

2. You could be a KC Chiefs fan - we haven't been to a Super Bowl in 38 years.

OZZIE4DUKE
02-04-2008, 01:43 PM
oh also, if archie manning were infertile, the pats would have 5 super bowls...

But if he were, we wouldn't be signing Renfree on Wednesday.

juise
02-04-2008, 02:06 PM

I'm an Eagles fan and my dad's a Packers fan, so I would have to agree on this point.

wilson
02-04-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm curious...what's not to like about the Mannings? I happen to really like them both. They play football the right way, they seem to be nice guys, they're freakin' good.
Is that why y'all don't like them?

mapei
02-04-2008, 02:10 PM
I think they don't like the Mannings for the same reason that most of the country hates Duke. ;)

Bostondevil
02-04-2008, 02:28 PM
I'm curious...what's not to like about the Mannings? I happen to really like them both. They play football the right way, they seem to be nice guys, they're freakin' good.

Brady plays football the right way, seems to be a nice guy, he's freakin' good, but if he were in every third commercial during every football game (not to mention college hoops), Pats fan or not, I'd be getting tired of him too by now. And every NFL show has to discuss the Mannings, ad nauseum. And the commentators during games that have nothing to do with the Mannings. And Dick Vitale. How many times do think you're going to hear about Eli Manning during Duke-Carolina on Wednesday? I put the over-under at 8. Just shut up about the Mannings. I'll even take John Madden waxing poetic about Farve and Heinz Ward if it means nobody discusses the Mannings.

(I don't know about nice guy, remember what Eli pulled to get to play in New York? I take points away from spoiled athletes whining about who drafts them.)

blublood
02-04-2008, 02:34 PM

On behalf of the SEC, we apologize for inflicting them on the rest of the country. However, if it makes you feel any better, we've had to put up with pre-incarnations of "who's the best Manning?" for years now on local sports radio and I haven't stabbed myself in the ears just yet. It's a shame that the whole concept has gotten so schlocky because they do genuinely seem like a fine family and who gets to have a football dynasty nowadays?

I do agree though that this works greatly in Duke's favor. You can't do much better than "I've coached the Super Bowl champion quarterback" for a recruiting hook.

wilson
02-04-2008, 02:53 PM
I do agree though that this works greatly in Duke's favor. You can't do much better than "I've coached the Super Bowl champion quarterback" for a recruiting hook.

Yeah, but we all know that's just BS...Duke players never do anything in the pros.;)

cato
02-04-2008, 03:03 PM

As a Chargers fan, I can't agree with your assessment of Eli. I've got nothing against Peyton. He doesn't seem to be a "nice guy" on the field, but I don't hold that against him.

Bostondevil
02-04-2008, 03:14 PM
As a Chargers fan, I can't agree with your assessment of Eli.

See my earlier post, I never liked John Elway much for the same reason. Although by the time he got his Super Bowl victories, I didn't begrudge him much and he did spend his whole career with one team.

Matches
02-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Now let's not go nuts and blame Gisele. She's way too hot to be responsible for this.

LEAVE GISELE ALONE!!!

Bostondevil
02-04-2008, 04:16 PM
She's way too hot to be responsible for this.

LEAVE GISELE ALONE!!!

See there's the thing, I don't think she's hot enough. If I were going to leave my husband for a supermodel, it just wouldn't be Gisele.

Guys, can you explain Gisele to me? (I much prefer Heidi Klum.)

hc5duke
02-04-2008, 04:19 PM
I think they don't like the Mannings for the same reason that most of the country hates Duke. ;)

He's [insert homosexual rumor], [insert white athlete stereotype], [insert rich snob comment], AND his entire family from New Jersey? Man I hate this guy, too.

colchar
02-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Why does this thread title make me want to watch Coupling (the British version of course)?

ETA: If you aren't a fan of the show my comment won't make any sense. Fans of the show should get it though.

Deslok
02-04-2008, 04:50 PM
See there's the thing, I don't think she's hot enough. If I were going to leave my husband for a supermodel, it just wouldn't be Gisele.

I wouldn't necessarily put her up near the top of the list or anything, but then I'd never dump Carrie Underwood for Jessica Simpson either. But as I noted in another thread, perhaps the Giants are unsure and just want to be able to give her a complete checkout (http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/10613134) before making such a decision.

hc5duke
02-04-2008, 05:02 PM
I wouldn't necessarily put her up near the top of the list or anything, but then I'd never dump Carrie Underwood for Jessica Simpson either. But as I noted in another thread, perhaps the Giants are unsure and just want to be able to give her a complete checkout (http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/10613134) before making such a decision.

She's not the hottest supermodel, hell, she's not even the hottest Brazilian supermodel (http://www.w3sh.com/archives/HQ-adriana_lima-thumb.jpg). What I also didn't understand was how TMZ was trashing Eli's girlfriend because she's "not as hot as Giselle".

BTW, it's really tough to find a SFW, PG13 Adriana Lima picture :)

colchar
02-04-2008, 05:04 PM
She's not the hottest supermodel, hell, she's not even the hottest Brazilian supermodel (http://www.w3sh.com/archives/HQ-adriana_lima-thumb.jpg).

Good God. Thank you for posting that.

hc5duke
02-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Good God. Thank you for posting that.

but you're going to hate me for posting a pic of her boyfriend
http://hoopedia.nba.com/images/5/5f/Act_marko_jaric.jpg

billybreen
02-04-2008, 05:26 PM

Is that David Duchovny?

wilson
02-04-2008, 06:14 PM
He's [insert homosexual rumor], [insert white athlete stereotype], [insert rich snob comment], AND his entire family from New Jersey? Man I hate this guy, too.

Hilarious. Well played.

TillyGalore
02-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Why does this thread title make me want to watch Coupling (the British version of course)?

I am Gisele. The French witch. (this is a family site;) )

colchar
02-04-2008, 08:44 PM

How on earth?!?

colchar
02-04-2008, 08:45 PM
I am Gisele. The French witch. (this is a family site;) )

Bingo!!

Mudge
02-05-2008, 05:41 AM

M'am, I can't explain it either-- to me, Bundchen's got that same Faye Dunaway, looks-like-she-just-got-beaten-up-her-boyfriend, bruised cheekbone look-- it's straight out of the trailer trash, wife-beater T-shirt playbook. And I'm with you on Heidi Klum (or Tyra Banks)-- I'll take either of them over Bundcheeks, anytime!

billybreen
02-05-2008, 08:26 AM
M'am, I can't explain it either-- to me, Bundchen's got that same Faye Dunaway, looks-like-she-just-got-beaten-up-her-boyfriend, bruised cheekbone look-- it's straight out of the trailer trash, wife-beater T-shirt playbook.

Wha??? I'm not a huge Gisele fan, but I totally don't see this.