PDA

View Full Version : Psycho T

The1Bluedevil
02-03-2008, 06:17 PM
I don't understand why posts don't force Pyscho to go over his right shoulder and force him to go left. I don't see anyone do this.

SeattleIrish
02-03-2008, 07:11 PM
I don't understand why posts don't force Pyscho to go over his right shoulder and force him to go left. I don't see anyone do this.

Does that mean the defense should shade his right shoulder, to force him to go left? Or did you mean the defense should make him go ove his right shoulder by forcing him to go right?

Or maybe your post made total sense and I'm just the one confused?

Regardless, I assume it's similar to the IC posts about, "Why don't teams defend the 3 against Duke??? It's all they have!" - in short, both are easier said than done, IMO.

s.i.

The1Bluedevil
02-03-2008, 08:17 PM
I maybe an idiot but every time he scores its always going right. Playing him to his left may not work I just don’t see why nobody tries it. Defending the 3 is way more difficult. Trying to defend multiple players is impossible. I would just like to see someone make Psycho beat them doing something he isn't particularly accustomed to doing that all.

DukeDude
02-04-2008, 12:46 AM
Psycho T has the ability to push off with either hand putting the defense off-balance and leading to them bumping him back and putting him on the foul line. The man is unstoppable...

Cali-Duke
02-04-2008, 02:03 AM
Anyone have any ideas about how to make simple straitjackets? It'd be cool if we wore them to the UNC-Duke game and make fun of Hansblahblah. Plus, we could make themes for each of the players.

Psycho T - guy in straitjacket
Wayne "the Duke" Ellington - (any ideas?)
Danny Green - Chant the no more green chant that we had going with the green shirts

anywho, let me know if anyone has ideas

Lulu
02-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Psycho T has the ability to push off with either hand putting the defense off-balance and leading to them bumping him back and putting him on the foul line. The man is unstoppable...

Good analysis. I didn't catch all of the game yesterday but I saw the 2nd half and couldn't believe some of the fouls called when FSU players seemed to literally be standing still from the get-go with their arms straight up. He must look ridiculous flailing around like that in warm-ups. Thomas and McClure are going to foul out in the first half if the refs continue this. I recognize when Duke gets some favorable calls, too, even the ones that aren't replayed ten times for the audience, but I've seen nothing like this mess with Hansbra.

DukeDevil
02-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Anyone have any ideas about how to make simple straitjackets? It'd be cool if we wore them to the UNC-Duke game and make fun of Hansblahblah. Plus, we could make themes for each of the players.

Psycho T - guy in straitjacket
Wayne "the Duke" Ellington - (any ideas?)
Danny Green - Chant the no more green chant that we had going with the green shirts

anywho, let me know if anyone has ideas

Not sure I like the idea of focusing cheering against the other team to this extent. I think it ends up having the reverse effect of boosting them, as in, I'm important enough for them to have gone to all that trouble.

Just my 2 cents

jipops
02-04-2008, 01:30 PM

Come on, haven't you been paying attention? Forcing Tyler to go left immediately results in a foul. Why do you think the guy averages 10 free throws a game?

On a bit more serious side, preventing a post player to go a certain direction is different than preventing a perimeter player. Tyler uses his base to seal quite well. Few college players possess the lower body strength on the low block that he does. Combine that with some good mitts and the ability to go to the free throw line when breathed upon, he's hard to stop.

The1Bluedevil
02-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Come on, haven't you been paying attention? Forcing Tyler to go left immediately results in a foul. Why do you think the guy averages 10 free throws a game?

On a bit more serious side, preventing a post player to go a certain direction is different than preventing a perimeter player. Tyler uses his base to seal quite well. Few college players possess the lower body strength on the low block that he does. Combine that with some good mitts and the ability to go to the free throw line when breathed upon, he's hard to stop.

I agree with everything you said. Watching Tyler for 3 years now I've yet to see him use his left or open and face the basket. I'm not even applying you can guard him, I just wonder if you play him on his low side on the right block and high side on the left block doesn't he at least have to turn that way?