PDA

View Full Version : Renfree makes Parade AA Team

arnie
02-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Only 7 QB listed and Renfree is on the Parade AA team - anyone recall our last one (maybe Cuthbert?)

formerdukeathlete
02-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Only 7 QB listed and Renfree is on the Parade AA team - anyone recall our last one (maybe Cuthbert?)

VO was 7th ranked by scout.

Renfree is 10th ranked overall best QB by scout.

Based on going through the Scout rankings of Duke recruits the last 5 years, Sean Renfree is the second highest ranked recruit.

There is a bit of an ongoing on TDD about who was higher ranked coming into Duke, Sean or TL. Folks refer to TL's Rivals ranking in 2006 as 10th best dual threat QB. Rivals ranks QBs as pro-style and dual-threat. The pro-style category is significantly more competitive. TL was ranked 45th best overall qb by Scout in 2006. In the TL - Asack debate many of us forget that Asack was ranked 35th overall best QB by Scout in 2005.

Now, Parade ranks Sean in the top 7 QBs, which suggests that Scout's ranking may have been conservative.

Imagine how Sean may have been ranked had he not played with an injured foot last season.

Excellent get for Duke.

A-Tex Devil
02-03-2008, 10:48 AM
I don't follow much football recruiting, and results are all that matters, but I can only imagine it's helpful for all the world to see on a list like Parade All American "Committed: Duke" next to somebody's name.

Let's get some more!

NYC Duke Fan
02-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Interesting in Parade All Americans there was not one player from North Carolina

Mike Corey
02-03-2008, 12:17 PM
I don't follow much football recruiting, and results are all that matters, but I can only imagine it's helpful for all the world to see on a list like Parade All American "Committed: Duke" next to somebody's name.

Let's get some more!

Oh, there will be more a year from now.

This staff is absolutely fired up, and absolutely passionate about the school they're associated with.

Or in the wise words of Beck:

"Things are going to change I can feel it."

johnb
02-03-2008, 12:24 PM
http://www.parade.com/articles/editions/2008/edition_02-03-2008/All-America

Acymetric
02-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Or in the wise words of Beck:

"Things are going to change I can feel it."

YES!

Pass me the Becktionary...no, the rhyming Becktionary!