PDA

View Full Version : Nelson and Henderson

DukeBlood
02-02-2008, 02:29 PM
I know this team is balanced and on any given night its tough to decide who will be the leading scorer. This team is tough and very hard to predict. On paper this isnt the #2 team in the nation. However, They are playing like it. They just find ways to win and play together. Play with the most toughness and heart I have seen.

With that being said, Nelson and Henderson have been at the top every game in the ACC. Whats most impressive is Henderson doing it on a VERY HIGH shooting %. These two are the two I expect to he near the top of the leading scorer's night in and night out.

We all know what Nelson has been doing. Its very impressive. What about Henderson though? Since the ACC has started, He has been quietly averaging 16.4 PPG, 5 RPG, 1.1 APG, 2 TO a game(5 T/O's against V-tech), 1.1 Blocks per game.

Im just pointing this is out because it seems like every game he has been playing very well but usually one person out does him and he doesnt get alot of credit.

Indoor66
02-02-2008, 02:38 PM
On paper this isnt the #2 team in the nation.

Isn't that why they play the games? So much of the time the talking heads and pundits are doing just that, talking.

DukeBlood
02-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Isn't that why they play the games? So much of the time the talking heads and pundits are doing just that, talking.

I did say we are playing like it :)

Classof06
02-02-2008, 03:01 PM
I agree. Despite our size (or lack thereof), Duke has a few things working for them. We're deep, we have multiple players that can handle the ball and multiple players that can penetrate off the dribble; I don't think any team in America puts as much pressure on opposing defenses as Duke. When I watch us, it amazes me how we just keep coming at teams relentlessly.

But overall, the best thing about this deep team is that it's a different guy every night. I keep harping on it and that might be Duke's greatest asset. From Demarcus down to Taylor King, any one of our top 7 or 8 players (save Lance) is capable of putting 15-20 points on you on a given night. I can't describe how important that will be come March.

DukeBlood
02-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Wouldn't let me edit my post again(Only edited it once)?

Anyway, I made a mistake. Henderson is averaging 16.4 PPG. Thought 14 a game looked low, So I went adn re looked and missed his 12 point game against V-Tech. Still divided by 6 games though. Sorry !