PDA

View Full Version : ACC Weekend Games - Predictions

gw67
02-01-2008, 09:17 AM
There is a full slate of ACC games this weekend. My predictions:

Miami @ Duke – Miami has the personnel to give the Devils some trouble but they have lost 4 out of 5 and this game will push them further toward the bottom of the league as the Devils get ready for the Heels next week. The Canes have the perimeter players to challenge Duke’s defense and a very tough, strong inside defense. Unfortunately for them, Duke gets nearly all its’ points from their perimeter players.

UNC @ FSU – The Noles have lost 5 of their last 6 games and, like Miami, I expect them to drop further toward the bottom of the league. They don’t have the inside players to stop Hansbrough and Ellington/Lawson should get their points. I expect an entertaining game since it is played on FSU’s home court but the Heels will prevail.

Md @ Ga Tech – Both of these teams are beginning to play well. Tech has won 3 straight, including 2 away games and the Terps have won 7 of their last 9 games. The Terps have a good starting five that is very competitive but their bench is one of the weakest in the league; whereas, Tech has a nice nine man rotation. That depth plus playing at home should be the deciding difference for Tech.

Virginia @ Virginia Tech – Virginia has lost 6 of 7 and Singletary is hurting. Tech has won 5 of 7 and their freshmen are beginning to play very well. I expect the trends to continue and for Virginia to stay in the league cellar.

BC @ Clemson – Both teams need a win to stay toward the top of the ACC standings. Clemson should win at home but Booker is hurt and Mays is playing hurt. I expect this to be an ugly game and for the Tigers to squeak out a home win.

Wake @ NC State – The Pack gave up last night and the Wake freshmen, Johnson and Teague, are playing well. This should be another close game and I’m predicting an upset by Wake.

Going into next week and the mid-point of the season, it appears that Virginia, FSU, Miami and NC State are sinking and that six teams may be left to battle for 2-3 tournament bids besides Duke and UNC.

gw67

pamtar
02-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Md @ Ga Tech – Both of these teams are beginning to play well. Tech has won 3 straight, including 2 away games and the Terps have won 7 of their last 9 games. The Terps have a good starting five that is very competitive but their bench is one of the weakest in the league; whereas, Tech has a nice nine man rotation. That depth plus playing at home should be the deciding difference for Tech.

Wake @ NC State – The Pack gave up last night and the Wake freshmen, Johnson and Teague, are playing well. This should be another close game and I’m predicting an upset by Wake.gw67

If Tech keeps winning fairly consistently it will be hard not to give Hewitt coach of the year. It amazing what he can do with so little talent. (As of right now its clearly K's award to loose)

As for the Pack, I think they bounce back and get a win in this one. Especially against Wake. While Wake's freshman are playing well, I dont think they can handle State's frontcourt.