PDA

View Full Version : Coach K basketball camp

cspan37421
02-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Does anyone know what the delay with registration for Coach K's basketball camp is, and when it might be resolved? The phone message at the camp office has said all week they're working on getting the brochure and registration online, but it seems weird that it has taken a week and still no resolution.

We're hoping to send our son to attend this summer, Session 1 probably, and if something happens and it fills up when we're not looking, we're going to want to go to plan b quickly - the thing is, I hope plan b doesn't fill up either (local bb camps).

Anyone else have a kid planning to go? Thanks,

cspan

accfanfrom1970
02-01-2008, 10:10 AM
My son went a few years ago....had a great time. Thrill of the camp, he's in a demonstration about taking a charge with Nate James bearing down on him.
Thrill for me....meeting Coach K afterwards and having him sign a book with a note to my son to " work hard, be the best you can be." Hope your son has fun.....

greybeard
02-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Kobe is running a camp where they teach skills in the context of exposing the kids to exceptional offensive systems--the Triangle (of course), the Princeton, and the Suns' offense, were the ones he mentioned in an interview aired on I forget what. Must be pretty pricey. The neat thing is, if you have the time and coin, is that parents are allowed to attend sessions.

It might be fun to watch, listen, absorb, while the systems are being presented and discussed, and then clear out to let your kid do his or her thing.

Seems it would provide some rare professional insight into the dynamics of some of the most exciting stuff basketball has to offer. Kobe said that even 8and 9 year olds walk away with understanding elements universal in intelligent team play.

dukegirlinsc
02-01-2008, 10:36 AM
No idea.

But I can't wait until I have kids so I can send the little boogers! :D