PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming changes in Snrub land

billybreen
02-01-2008, 12:08 AM
In mid-December, frequent Snrubbers may recall that we migrated to a new hosting provider (leading to a slight change in our URL). Unfortunately, performance has been sub par since the change, leading to too much annoying lag. Given that UNC games are typically the most crowded of the year, things need to change.

I'll be switching providers again this weekend, hopefully in time for the Miami game. I will try to do it in such a way that the URL doesn't need to change so it's more transparent to the Snrubbers.

pamtar
02-01-2008, 12:09 AM
Thanks BB. Keep up the good work!

pamtar
02-01-2008, 12:10 AM
I'm Grant Hill right now!

billybreen
02-01-2008, 12:24 AM
I'm Grant Hill right now!

But not right now, sadly.

pamtar
02-01-2008, 12:26 AM
But not right now, sadly.

It was fun while it lasted.

billybreen
02-01-2008, 11:19 PM
The change has been made, but it should be completely transparent. If you go to the usual addresses (www.snrub.com or snrub.ajaxperformance.com), you are automatically taken to the new site. Performance should be snappier and should scale better with load.

JBDuke
02-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Thanks, again, BB for all your hard work in this area. I know I appreciate it, and I bet I speak for the dozens of chatters we're getting every game, too.

dyedwab
02-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Thanks, again, BB for all your hard work in this area. I know I appreciate it, and I bet I speak for the dozens of chatters we're getting every game, too.

My sentiments exactly. Thanks for all you do on this BB

billybreen
02-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks guys! It's a fun project, and I'm happy when it works well for the crew.

billybreen
02-01-2008, 11:57 PM
You may need to force your browser to refresh. If you don't see 'The Hopefully Faster SnrubChat' at the top of the screen, you need to hold Shift and click the refresh button on your browser. I'll post this in Deslok's chat thread tomorrow.

gep
02-02-2008, 12:11 AM
You may need to force your browser to refresh. If you don't see 'The Hopefully Faster SnrubChat' at the top of the screen, you need to hold Shift and click the refresh button on your browser.

I also want to THANK YOU for your tireless efforts to make the chat room as pleasant as possible for all of us. When I can't get to a TV, the chat room is my only "eyes" to the game... and I really appreciate it.

Just a note... I use FireFox... and the shift-refresh, or only refresh, doesn't get that message "The Hopefully Faster SnrubChat'. The way I got it was to clear the cache.

Thanks again:cool:

4decadedukie
02-02-2008, 07:34 AM
May I please add a sincere thank you to all the others; your daily "heavy lifting" make this possible and those efforts are appreciated.

Lavabe
02-02-2008, 10:29 AM
As much grief we give for your PW war with Earl of Jammeth, we greatly appreciate your efforts on the Snrub ... especially throwing out those louts the other time! CLASSIC!
Cheers,
Lavabe

Indoor66
02-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks for all the hard work. I look forward to the new, improved Snrub.

Let's Go Duke

billybreen
02-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Ok, I've been wanting to try out something new with SnrubChat for a while, and I finally made it happen. This is cutting edge technology and should make chat much faster while reducing load on the system. It's still beta, but you can try it out at http://snrub.ajaxperformance.com/stream.html.

billybreen
02-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Ok, I've been wanting to try out something new with SnrubChat for a while, and I finally made it happen. This is cutting edge technology and should make chat much faster while reducing load on the system. It's still beta, but you can try it out at http://snrub.ajaxperformance.com/stream.html.

As always, let me know if you see any issues.