PDA

View Full Version : January undefeated ?- from before

gofurman
01-31-2008, 08:44 AM
I recall someone posted that they thought we could go through January undefeated possibly... No jinx on tonight but they are looking mighty smart at this point (and no, it wasn't me that posted that thread about January - I am just glad for how well this team has come together)

mr. synellinden
01-31-2008, 12:22 PM
Yeah, it was me. Even though I hate to acknolwedge it now because I am superstitious. http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5575

It was right after the Pitt loss and I thought we needed to look at the next phase of the schedule with optimism. I really believed then that we could go undefeated in January even though we had very tough road games (actually all ACC road games are tough). Obviously I still do but I never take ACC games for granted.

What I felt even more strongly about then was the fact that if we did run the table in January, there was a good chance the game against UNC would be #1 vs. #2. We are one Memphis loss away from that now - although I can't say that I would've expected us to be #1 in that scenario.

I think what is great at this point in the season is the fact that, looking ahead at this point in time, there is likely only one game where we are going to be underdogs (2/6 @ UNC).

Heck, we may run the table in February, March and April. Why not?

Hurley2Hill
02-02-2008, 08:44 PM
I was looking for that thread...I believe my comment was something along the lines of "we'll be lucky to get out of the first week of January unscathed." Shows what I know!

10 in a row for the second time this season sure would be nice...:cool:

Olympic Fan
02-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Maybe coincidence ... maybe an omen, but four of the six times under Coach K that Duke has been undefeated in January -- 2004, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1992 -- have resulted in a trip to the Final Four.

So 67% chance of getting to San Antonio!