PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Singler's Kicks

coachd33
01-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Anyone out there know what kind of sneakers Kyle Singler wears for games??? The black ones....cant find them anywhere...

dukebballcamper90-91
01-30-2008, 11:13 PM
I think he wears these

http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml?l=nikestore,pdp,_pdp,cid-1/gid-144963/pid-144964&re=US&co=US&la=EN#l=nikestore,pdp,_pdp,cid-1/gid-144963/pid-152920&re=US&co=US&la=EN

yancem
01-30-2008, 11:37 PM
I think he wears these

http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml?l=nikestore,pdp,_pdp,cid-1/gid-144963/pid-144964&re=US&co=US&la=EN#l=nikestore,pdp,_pdp,cid-1/gid-144963/pid-152920&re=US&co=US&la=EN

I was just going to say "does anyone else wish we could go back to the Addidas days?" but those are some pretty sweet looking shoes! Maybe Nike is so bad after all.

Mudge
01-30-2008, 11:50 PM
I was just going to say "does anyone else wish we could go back to the Addidas days?" but those are some pretty sweet looking shoes! Maybe Nike is so bad after all.

Yes, I do wish we could go back to the days of ADIDAS (as in Adi Dassler, the founder of the company), like Johnny Dawkins wore the year Duke re-established itself as a great basketball team... or even the Converse "Dr. J's" that Julius (and then Magic) made famous... but those shoes Singler is wearing are hideous-- like something some hippy earth mother from the fruits-and-nuts trails of backwoods Oregon would have come up with-- maybe they're the basketball successor to the Kelso Earth Shoe of the '70's?

dukebballcamper90-91
01-31-2008, 01:46 AM
I like those shoes but I'm also a fan of the adidas days also. I like the ones we wore with the yellow looking torsion strap on the laces like in 91. My brother had some awesome blue adidas he got at camp one year, we called them Johnny Dawkins adidas.

freedevil
01-31-2008, 08:18 AM
Adidas makes hideous shoes and clothing for college basketball these days. See N.C. State.

freedevil
01-31-2008, 08:19 AM
Not to say some of Nike's uniform ideas aren't awful, but they definitely make better looking shoes than Adidas.

weezie
01-31-2008, 08:39 AM
I wear a smooth pair of suede Duke blue adidas on game days. I'm an O.G.!

ugadevil
01-31-2008, 10:05 AM
Singler's look like wrestling shoes to me.

maestro
01-31-2008, 10:11 AM
Nike owns Converse. "K" will never go back to Adidas. Was it just coincidental that Duke cooled on Kevin Love just about the time that he refused to wear Nike?

wilson
01-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Was it just coincidental that Duke cooled on Kevin Love just about the time that he refused to wear Nike?

In a word, yes. No way would K allow endorsements to influence the building of his teams/program, and no way an elite player with half a brain in his head would honestly drop a program from consideration simply because of the kind of sneakers they wear.

Rich
01-31-2008, 10:48 AM
Yes, I do wish we could go back to the days of ADIDAS (as in Adi Dassler, the founder of the company), like Johnny Dawkins wore the year Duke re-established itself as a great basketball team

Kind of a non-sequitur, but when Johnny Dawkins turned pro in 1986 he signed a shoe deal with...Avia. I believe his was the first major NBA deal with Avia. I'm not sure if there have been many (or any) others, but I soon went out and bought a pair for Johnny's sake!

uncwdevil
01-31-2008, 10:56 AM
Kind of a non-sequitur, but when Johnny Dawkins turned pro in 1986 he signed a shoe deal with...Avia. I believe his was the first major NBA deal with Avia. I'm not sure if there have been many (or any) others, but I soon went out and bought a pair for Johnny's sake!

remember when Hurley signed with ITZ shoes (in the zone)?

Rich
01-31-2008, 11:02 AM
I remember, like Johnny, that Hurley also signed with an uncommon brand, but I couldn't remember the name. Are they still in business?

dukegirlinsc
01-31-2008, 12:12 PM
i want those.:D

Olympic Fan
01-31-2008, 01:20 PM
My problem with Nike has nothing to do with the quality of the product, but of the policies (both marketing and manufacturing) of the company.

I could go on ... but it's probably a debate that should be carried over to the Public Policy board.

FWIW, Coach K is very close to Nike chairman Phil Knight, so I very much doubt Duke will be changing shoe brands anytime soon. And I also doubt that shoe loyalty has much to do with recruiting ... I know Carlos Boozer was a big adidas guy in high school.

ugadevil
01-31-2008, 01:28 PM
Nike owns Converse. "K" will never go back to Adidas. Was it just coincidental that Duke cooled on Kevin Love just about the time that he refused to wear Nike?

Hmmmmm...we must be on to something here! Wasn't Patrick Patterson a big fan of K-Swiss? And it's widely known that Greg Monroe loves Saucony.:rolleyes:

HaveFunExpectToWin
01-31-2008, 01:29 PM
I remember, like Johnny, that Hurley also signed with an uncommon brand, but I couldn't remember the name. Are they still in business?

ITZ's were the Foot Locker house brand if I remember correctly. They failed miserably in the market.

A friend of mine who lurks on the site bought some in high school. They were pretty sweet!

elvis14
01-31-2008, 03:06 PM
I followed the link. The shoes are pretty nice and yes they do have a bit of a wrestling shoe look to them...prob b/c of the suede at the toe. Of course, I wrestled so maybe that's why I like them. I wear lots of Nike shoes (I play lots of sports so I have lots of shoes) and as much as I'd like to say my wearing of their shoes is an extension of my support for Duke basketball, it's really just that they really fit me well. Luckily I also like they way many of them look because something about they way they are made really makes them comfortable for me and I've tried lots of different brands over the years. Worst shoes I think I've owned were a pair of K-Swiss Tennis Shoes (hard), and a pair of Mizuno 9-spike softball cleats (hard, big, not comfortable for me).

2001dukechamps
01-31-2008, 04:53 PM
Am I the only one who used to love the shoes J-Will and Duhon used to wear?

ppod
02-25-2008, 09:24 PM
Anyone know what type of Nike shoes Singler wears at home (white with Duke blue)?