PDA

View Full Version : Kansas at Kansas State

BryanCenterBlues
01-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Around 3 minutes left in the first half, Kansas State is up by 5.

Kansas seems to be getting a lot of fouls, also.

Go Beasley!

BryanCenterBlues
01-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Up by 7, 11 minutes left...

3rd Dukie
01-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Up by 7, 11 minutes left...

Beasley is just SICK! 24 pts. K State up by 10 under 4 mins

BryanCenterBlues
01-30-2008, 10:06 PM
3 Point Play!!!

dukestheheat
01-30-2008, 10:08 PM
This is an upset if it sticks; I haven't seen hardly one play of this game, but the few games I have seen of theirs this year, I've been very impressed with their interior shot-blocking and rebounding, perimeter defense, overall team speed and quickness, and spacing and passing. They are an excellent team and they should rebound nicely after this loss.

Look for them in the Final Four this year, imo.

Hopefully along with our Devils!

dth.

DUKEinFW
01-30-2008, 10:09 PM
This has to be exciting for the young Blue Devils...I know it is for me! They win tomorrow and this weekend and we'll be #2. Who'd a thunk it!!

Cavlaw
01-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Wow, wish I could see this game. Also wish I could see the shellacking that A&M is putting on Texas.

3rd Dukie
01-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Wow, wish I could see this game. Also wish I could see the shellacking that A&M is putting on Texas.

K State by 8 under a minute

3rd Dukie
01-30-2008, 10:21 PM
K State by 8 under a minute

8 pts with 27 secs
K State to the line

3rd Dukie
01-30-2008, 10:22 PM
8 pts with 27 secs
K State to the line

k State by 9 KU turns it over 9 pts lead
It's over

BryanCenterBlues
01-30-2008, 10:31 PM
awesome

DUKEinFW
01-30-2008, 10:31 PM
This is far more fun than being #1 early on in the season. Just moving up steadily and seeing the others get beat is great...i know Duke will likely lose another one eventually. It won't be for lack of effort on this teams part!!

tbyers11
01-30-2008, 10:45 PM

If you are by a TV, the A&M-Texas game is on ESPN2

duketaylor
01-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Let's go Aggies, clap, clap, clap.
I just watched 5 game-minutes of this contest and I don't want to play A&M in the tourney.

dukemomLA
01-30-2008, 11:26 PM
Go Aggies! Go K State!! Such a wonderful time in college BB. LOVE the parity, love the upsets (except, of course, when it's our Dukies). Just a great fun season. (Too bad Memphis has NO competition worth noting in the foreseeable future). Then again.... who knows.

Cavlaw
01-30-2008, 11:28 PM
If you are by a TV, the A&M-Texas game is on ESPN2
By a TV? I wish; I'm at the office.

Hope springs eternal that I will be home for the game tomorrow night.

ugadevil
01-30-2008, 11:29 PM
(Too bad Memphis has NO competition worth noting in the foreseeable future). Then again.... who knows.

Memphis plays Tennessee on February 23. That one will be interesting.

jlear
01-30-2008, 11:55 PM
By a TV? I wish; I'm at the office.

Hope springs eternal that I will be home for the game tomorrow night.

Perhaps you should just put a TV at the office or quit your job if it interferes with basketball.

Mudge
01-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Let's go Aggies, clap, clap, clap.
I just watched 5 game-minutes of this contest and I don't want to play A&M in the tourney.

Kansas State just put a real whipping on TAM only about a week ago-- which come to think of it, was the point when I noted that KSU would most likely beat Kansas at home this year (especially since Kansas was very unimpressive in struggling to beat a bad Missouri team full of Quin Snyder's old players- another reason Duke people here shouldn't be so quick to criticize the current coach of Missouri for the misbehavior of Missou's players this year.) Apparently, Michael Beasley beat me to it, because he predicted last summer that KSU would beat Kansas at home, at Kansas, and in Africa this year-- he's 1/3 of the way there.

I have seen Kansas twice now this season, and I don't understand what all the fuss is about... they don't impress me with their talent, and both their school and their coach have a history of underperforming in the NCAA tournament-- I fully expect that they won't even be in the Final Four this year.

dukie8
01-31-2008, 12:11 AM
Kansas State just put a real whipping on TAM only about a week ago-- which come to think of it, was the point when I noted that KSU would most likely beat Kansas at home this year (especially since Kansas was very unimpressive in struggling to beat a bad Missouri team full of Quin Snyder's old players- another reason Duke people here shouldn't be so quick to criticize the current coach of Missouri for the misbehavior of Missou's players this year.) Apparently, Michael Beasley beat me to it, because he predicted last summer that KSU would beat Kansas at home, at Kansas, and in Africa this year-- he's 1/3 of the way there.

I have seen Kansas twice now this season, and I don't understand what all the fuss is about... they don't impress me with their talent, and both their school and their coach have a history of underperforming in the NCAA tournament-- I fully expect that they won't even be in the Final Four this year.

predicting that a bill self coached team won't make the final 4 isn't exactly going out on a limb. bucknell anyone?

Oriole Way
01-31-2008, 08:46 AM
When you have the best player on the floor, who will be an NBA All-Star someday, it's not too much of an upset.