PDA

View Full Version : DC Area Blue Devils... A call to arms!

thebur
01-30-2008, 03:37 PM
To all of you who might be or might know some Blue Devil faithful that reside in our nation's capital or the surrounding metro area...

I would like to organize for this game and hopefully invade a mostly Carolina bar or find our own place where we can get some equal representation. I know that there is a place somewhere in Clarendon that I watched the UNC championship against Illinois, but as I am a city dweller, I would not be opposed to a place in the District.

The Carolina Club of Washington watches at the Crystal City Sports Pub:
http://www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/UNO/cpages/chapterpage.jsp?chapter=17&org=UNO

If we could get a small movement going, I wouldn't mind getting there early and invading, otherwise just let me know where people will be wearing the right color blue!

BlueDevilBaby
01-30-2008, 03:45 PM
to take up the cause. I usually end up watching at home alone because I don't know any Duke fans in the DC area and am not an alum. I would love to hang out with some like-minded fans!

blazindw
01-30-2008, 03:45 PM
To all of you who might be or might know some Blue Devil faithful that reside in our nation's capital or the surrounding metro area...

I would like to organize for this game and hopefully invade a mostly Carolina bar or find our own place where we can get some equal representation. I know that there is a place somewhere in Clarendon that I watched the UNC championship against Illinois, but as I am a city dweller, I would not be opposed to a place in the District.

The Carolina Club of Washington watches at the Crystal City Sports Pub:
http://www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/UNO/cpages/chapterpage.jsp?chapter=17&org=UNO

If we could get a small movement going, I wouldn't mind getting there early and invading, otherwise just let me know where people will be wearing the right color blue!

Come to Buffalo Billiards! That's where the Duke Club of Washington's Young Alumni Committee has their official watch parties. The next official party will be for the UNC. PM me if you want more information about it, as I help organize the watch parties with 2 others on the committee. We're expecting close to 100 young alumni, if not more, for the Duke-UNC game.

SharkD
01-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Just make sure that you don't confuse Crystal City Sports Pub with Crystal City "Restaurant" -- two completely different places, if you know what I mean.

Buffalo Billiards is nicer, especially for a game that starts after 8pm.

BlueDevilBaby
01-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Just make sure that you don't confuse Crystal City Sports Pub with Crystal City "Restaurant" -- two completely different places, if you know what I mean.

Buffalo Billiards is nicer, especially for a game that starts after 8pm.

Ha, ha. Very good point. I had an ex-boyfriend who was very fond of the Restaurant.

DevilAlumna
01-31-2008, 01:36 AM
Ha, ha. Very good point. I had an ex-boyfriend who was very fond of the Restaurant.

Funny, an ex- of mine said he went there because they had really good steaks. ;)

4decadedukie
01-31-2008, 10:07 AM
http://www.dukealumni.com/default.aspx

This year's Duke Club of Washington "hoops watch site" is Buffalo Billiards on DuPont Circle (1330 19th Street, NW), which offers specials to Duke alumni during the games. The DCW does a great job throughout the metro area and I urge all DC alumni to join and to participate.

thebur
01-31-2008, 01:40 PM
And Buffalo Billiards it is... that is perfect for me on the red line! Makes enjoying the game at a bar safer and easier!

I may have one dainty blue fan with me, as my best friend from NC is a son of Iron Dukes who made the conversion during his time in Chapel Hell. The rest of the crew will be in Royal though!

GTHC GTH

thebur
01-31-2008, 01:46 PM
That place. Have seen it from the parking lot of Seven Eleven many times after basketball at Pentagon City, but have gladly avoided darkening the door.

A few of my friends from school went to TC Williams High School, which apparently supplies the "Restaurant" with a lot of its top talent, aka "townies". I wish I could hack that Carolina Fan club page and change the name of the place from "Sports Pub" to "Restaurant". Would love to see the khakis and whitecaps react as they tried to bring their "uptown" franklin st. girls in there.