PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only Pats fan here?

Bostondevil
01-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Just checking.

pamtar
01-29-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm not a true fan but I'm definitely pulling for them in the SB!

Perfection necessitates temporary fandom.

billybreen
01-29-2008, 02:15 PM
I wouldn't say I'm a fan, but I want to see them win, if for no other reason than so I never again have to hear from Mercury and the other Dolphins.

DukeUsul
01-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Just checking.

Not the only one.

I was born in Worcester and lived in Northborough when I was little. We ended up moving to suburban Philly, so I grew up an Eagles fan. But Boston's always been my second home. All my family is still there, and I spent all my summers on the cape. The Pats and Sox have always been number two for me (pulled for the Eagles back in the 2005 SB). It'll be doubly sweet to see the Pats beat up on the Giants. :-D

bluebear
01-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Lifelong Pats fan here..why weren't Boston teams this good when I was down at Duke? Watching football at that time with others from across the country was a painful experience...

BlueDevilBaby
01-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Not the only one.

It'll be doubly sweet to see the Pats beat up on the Giants. :-D

Ain't happenin'!

Signed,
G-men
;)

Seriously, I will be bummed if the Pats win after the Giants were wiped out by the Ravens the last time. Not only that, I can't stand any Boston team in any sport. I suppose you can guess where I grew up and who my favorite baseball team is, notwithstanding my avatar. But it would also be nice to shut up those Dolphins. The Pats are a remarkable team and a good example of what putting team first produces.

wilson
01-29-2008, 02:50 PM
I think "tombrady" might be a Pats fan, too.

Bostondevil
01-29-2008, 03:06 PM
I think "tombrady" might be a Pats fan, too.

Oops, forgot about him, unbelieveable I know. It was a momentary lapse. I asked the young women who work at the Y today (4 miles in 41 minutes!) who was cuter, my youngest son sporting his Patriots hat or Tom Brady. Ronnie won.

allenmurray
01-29-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm really torn. There is part of me that doesn't like the Pats at all - thier coach's virtual inability to be civil to Dungy pretty much sealed it for me. However, when the Dolphins had thier undefeated season they finished it by winning the super bowl against the Redskins. I was 12 at the time, lived in the DC area, and was a huge Redskins fan. So having the Dolphins parade rained on would be sweet. I just which it could be done by somebody other than the Patriots.

ugadevil
01-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Where's Ymo? Is he a Pats fan?

HaveFunExpectToWin
01-29-2008, 03:51 PM
I married into a Pats/Sox family so I am obligated to root for them. I hadn't seen fandom that equalled my love for Duke bball until I met my wife's younger brother and his worship of the Red Sox.

That said, I'm more excited for the Puppy Bowl in HD this year.

billybreen
01-29-2008, 03:52 PM
That said, I'm more excited for the Puppy Bowl in HD this year.

It's in HD? Yay!

My dog _loves_ watching TV, so he's pumped as well.

Channing
01-29-2008, 03:57 PM
not a Pats fan but pulling for them. Would love to see a perfect season completed!

TillyGalore
01-29-2008, 05:05 PM
not a Pats fan but pulling for them. Would love to see a perfect season completed!

Ditto!