PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Capel

BD80
01-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Wasn't this supposed to be a down year for OU? They just beat OSU. Go Jeff!

OSU's Sean Sutton looks like he will soon explode - literally - he has now lost 5 in a row after sneaking up pretty high in the rankings.

HumboldtDevil
01-29-2008, 03:05 AM
That loss to VCU last season would've been a lot easier to stomach if Capel was still there. He's doing a great job at Oklahoma. They are a mentally tough team and Capel is getting everything out of them. The younger Griffin is a damn good player, too.

What are the odds Duke is placed very close to Oklahoma in the NCAAs? Of course that's only if Oklahoma plays well enough to get a 7-10 seed.

BD80
01-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Good article, complimentary of Capel:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/7736698/Griffin's-fighting-through-pain-for-Sooners

Warning! It may raise the spectre of Coach K failing at recriting big men. It also makes it prettty clear that Coach K will recruit against his former players, even if it would be a major blow to the other's program:

"Griffin became one of the most sought-after players in the country in the April of 2006 with Capel's former mentor, Mike Krzyzewski, getting involved. North Carolina and Florida were also heavily in the mix."

Clipsfan
01-30-2008, 12:34 PM

OSU's Sean Sutton looks like he will soon explode - literally - he has now lost 5 in a row after sneaking up pretty high in the rankings.

My wife thought (and I agreed) that Sutton really gives Williams a run for "sweatiest coach". She then proceeded to point out that he apparently tapes his nipples. I wish I was making this up.

I was watching the OSU-OU game, and it really did look like OU got a lot of calls in a very close game. As I was rooting for Capel, I didn't overly mind.

Classof06
01-30-2008, 12:34 PM

Maybe it's just me but watching the game, it kinda looked like Sean Sutton's lost his team. I could be totally wrong but they don't really seem to respond to him and it's probably not a good thing that Sutton's voice was completely shot upon his interview going into halftime.

77devil
01-30-2008, 12:44 PM
She then proceeded to point out that he apparently tapes his nipples. .

How would she know?

BlueDevilBaby
01-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Sean was sweating getting off the bus. Really!

Clipsfan
01-30-2008, 03:18 PM
How would she know?

All assume you were serious. He had managed to sweat through his entire shirt except for a couple patches on his chest that looked like tape swaths.

dukemomLA
01-31-2008, 04:28 AM
Sean Sutton is a shadow of.... Jeff Capel is the real thing, as a coach and recruiter. (Could be expect anything less?) I think JC is in the right place at the right time, and I think the future is exciting and bright. GO JEFF!!

uncwdevil
01-31-2008, 10:52 AM
Sean Sutton is a shadow of.... Jeff Capel is the real thing, as a coach and recruiter. (Could be expect anything less?) I think JC is in the right place at the right time, and I think the future is exciting and bright. GO JEFF!!

lets see, if K steps down in 8-10 yrs, Capel will be what about 45 yrs old with 10 yrs of experience under his belt...

Indoor66
01-31-2008, 11:07 AM
lets see, if K steps down in 8-10 yrs, Capel will be what about 45 yrs old with 10 yrs of experience under his belt...

My precise thought....:)

jjasper0729
01-31-2008, 11:50 AM

no... 10 years, he should be 41/42, not 45 with closer to 15 years experience. (2 years behind me at Duke)