PDA

View Full Version : Nolan Smith -- Injured?

Saratoga2
01-28-2008, 01:09 PM
I didn't see a thread on this, but if there is, please move this input appropriately.

In listening to the coaches comments, I heard him say that Nolan suffered from a sore left knee and that he has been having problems with it off and on. When he returned late in the game, he was wearing a black knee pad, probably just one to hold the knee in position.

Does anyone know whether this is something more than a sore knee?

pratt '04
01-28-2008, 01:12 PM
He hyperextended the knee during the Clemson game.

vango
01-28-2008, 01:13 PM
I had read that he hyperextended it against either Clemson or VT (can't remember which) and it was just sore. Looked like he aggravated things when he tried to stop near the top of the key and slipped...

Nothing other than that....

Saratoga2
01-28-2008, 01:21 PM
I had read that he hyperextended it against either Clemson or VT (can't remember which) and it was just sore. Looked like he aggravated things when he tried to stop near the top of the key and slipped...

Nothing other than that....

Thanks, I was concerned and didn't realize he had a hyperextension. That should get better with some time. He is really one of the three or four players on the team that had NBA potential. Got to like the recruiting that brought him to Duke.

Duvall
01-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Sounds like another good reason to continue the time share, at least in the near term.

blazindw
01-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Smith was an all-out warrior last night. He came back to his home (he grew up in Upper Marlboro) and definitely represented. I'm sure all of those MD fans who were filing out early were saying to themselves "Nolan Smith killed us tonight," and they, for once, would be correct.

Boy I'm glad #2 is on our side. GO DUKE!

Classof06
01-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Pheonmenal game by Nolan last night; I consider that a huge step in his maturation process. First huge rivalry game at Duke, we're down 3/4 of the game and Paulus goes out with his 4th foul. So many freshman would've been rattled but Nolan took over like a veteran.

Since I don't have FSN (damn DishNetwork) I was in a sports bar and went absolutely crazy when Nolan hit that and-1. He hit some big 3s too. This kid is going to be a star, man...

BD80
01-28-2008, 02:11 PM
His performance was with a sore knee? It is tough to imagine him at full speed with out getting a bit giddy!

2001dukechamps
01-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Like I have been saying alll alone, Nolan has the potential to be an All-American heck maybe before his Jr. year.

vango
01-28-2008, 04:32 PM
Really like this kid too. Aside from the obvious he has a great demeanor on the court. Pleasant with the other players - helping them up, etc. - and lets his play speak for itself. Class act.

I was really impressed with him in the VT game where on 3 successive possessions he drove it to the hoop. Outcome:

1st drive: blocked
2nd drive: missed
3rd drive: score

He was open. He could take him man. He knew it. He didn't get discouraged or back down after the block. The miss was close. I was impressed with him taking it to VT in that sequence. Moxy.....

jacone21
01-28-2008, 05:24 PM
I also love his fundamental defensive positioning and posture. Watch as he fronts the man bringing the ball up the court. It's like an instructional video. Feet movement, hand positioning, knees bent, butt down, head up, it's all there. I hated those drills in HS, but Nolan looks like one of those guys who loves to apply ball pressure. And you can see K just taking it all in. Keep it up, Nolan!

dukestheheat
01-28-2008, 06:23 PM
All hail the great Nolan Smith!

I was over at Duke today on business as a matter of fact and Nolan came up in conversation; I remarked that whenever Nolan gets the ball in his hands he just makes me want to get up and start running around the room. He's electric! Duke moves WELL when he's in the game! And everyone agreed and you could see people all over the room nodding in agreement; this guy is for REAL and just so exciting to watch, especially in the open court. A deer I tell you, this guy runs like a deer!

dth.

rthomas
01-28-2008, 06:31 PM
yea, it's fun to watch this guy grow.

I remember years and years since the old days when I was at Duke in the late 80's that we had one guy who often played PG for 40 minutes a game. It's nice to have two really good players sharing time at PG and that will be important in March.