PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering......

CMS2478
01-28-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm sure this has been talked about and it may need to be on the PP board and if so Mods feel free to move.........BUT I am always the last one to hear about something and I just read that most tax filers will be given a rebate of about $600 for individuals who make less than $75,000 and $1,200 for couples who make less than $150,000. This is an attempt to stimulate the economy. First of all, IS IT TRUE? Second, is there some kind of catch to this or are my wife and I actually going to get a $1,200 check around June? Experts.....fill me in!!!

allenmurray
01-28-2008, 10:54 AM
I'm sure this has been talked about and it may need to be on the PP board and if so Mods feel free to move.........BUT I am always the last one to hear about something and I just read that most tax filers will be given a rebate of about $600 for individuals who make less than $75,000 and $1,200 for couples who make less than $150,000. This is an attempt to stimulate the economy. First of all, IS IT TRUE? Second, is there some kind of catch to this or are my wife and I actually going to get a $1,200 check around June? Experts.....fill me in!!!

There has been a lengthy discussion on the PP board.

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6269

Yep, you're getting $1200. It is designed to stimulate the economy. Therefore if you use it to pay off debts or put it in savings you are a traitor to your country. In order to be a true patriot you must go to Walmart/Target/Betsbuy/Macy's/Costco and buy a bunch of stuff, whether you need more stuff or not. If your family already has a lot of stuff, buy more stuff anyway.

CMS2478
01-28-2008, 11:00 AM

Yep, you're getting $1200. It is designed to stimulate the economy. Therefore if you use it to pay off debts or put it in savings you are a traitor to your country. In order to be a true patriot you must go to Walmart/Target/Betsbuy/Macy's/Costco and buy a bunch of stuff, whether you need more stuff or not. If your family already has a lot of stuff, buy more stuff anyway.

I looked for a thread and couldn't find it.......I will read through this one. Thanks again!!!

captmojo
01-28-2008, 11:14 AM

And make certain that said stuff was made in China.

hurleyfor3
01-28-2008, 11:23 AM
And make certain that said stuff was made in China.

Is stuff that comes from Saudi Arabia OK too?

Not that matters in my case; apparently I'm too successful to be allowed to stimulate the economy more than I already do.

captmojo
01-28-2008, 11:26 AM
Is stuff that comes from Saudi Arabia OK too?

Not that matters in my case; apparently I'm too successful to be allowed to stimulate the economy more than I already do.

Sure. Add Mexico, Canada, Venezuela, Japan, basically anywhere but here.

Misunderestimated
01-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Along those lines, if you were shopping for truck and wanted to support the American economy, which would be better:

A Chevy Silverado - Made in Mexico

or

A Toyota Tundra - Made in Kentucky

captmojo
01-28-2008, 11:34 AM
There are more Americans involved in the truck built in Kentucky.

billybreen
01-28-2008, 11:39 AM

Hey, it's a good problem to have. I would have probably just blown that $1200 on monocle cleaner.

Lavabe
01-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Hey, it's a good problem to have. I would have probably just blown that $1200 on monocle cleaner.

Call me a traitor... that will help clear some debt.;)

Lavabe

wilson
01-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Mine will only be $600, but it will without a doubt buy me a handle of Maker's Mark, and then the rest will go on my credit card.
The good news is that I should be able to pay my card off by the end of the summer, enabling me to start buying more stuff again!

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Does anyone know whether this rebate will be taxable? I scanned the postings while waiting for my lunch, but didn't see this point mentioned.