PDA

View Full Version : How to watch the NC State Game on TV?

SoCalDukeFan
01-28-2008, 12:39 AM
Anyone know the availability of the NC State game on the West Coast?

Thanks

SoCal

Jumbo
01-28-2008, 12:40 AM
Anyone know the availability of the NC State game on the West Coast?

Thanks

SoCal

Although the schedule lists it as RLF, I believe it's on ESPN2.

BigWayne
01-28-2008, 12:56 AM
I have it scheduled on my Tivo for ESPN2 at 6PM PST on 1/31.

buzz
01-28-2008, 01:39 AM
The ESPN scoreboard confirms ESPN2 at 9:00 EST.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/scoreboard?date=20080131

SoCalDukeFan
01-28-2008, 10:35 AM
I see it on my guide.

msdukie
01-28-2008, 11:45 AM
ESPN2HD(outermarket)/RaycomHD (in ACC Country). Go to Raycomsports.com for affiliate list that should be posted today.

pamtar
01-28-2008, 11:48 AM
It's simple really. Turn on TV, close eyes, fall asleep!

:D

duke98
01-28-2008, 12:12 PM
I have to say, being a Duke fan on the West Coast is a pretty good deal. Since we're Duke, almost all of our games are nationally televised on the ESPNs. Even crazy Fox Sports carries our games unless they conflict with the Pac-10, which they usually don't, b/c the Pac-10 follows a pretty set Thursday/Saturday schedule.

Best yet, those pesky 9 pm games? They start at 6 pm. It's fantastic. The only hiccup for me is the 7 pm games -- as a grad student I'm often stuck in class at 4 pm. That's why I bought an iPhone...if only I could get cable on the thing!

SharkD
01-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Do we have confirmation that Raycom is going to broadcast the game in HD?

I've been pretty upset, the last couple of years, to suffer through a horribly compressed SD picture due to the Raycom/LF ESPN blackout during the Duke-Carolina games.

I guess I'll be EveTV-ing (TiFaux) the season premiere of "Lost."

The only hiccup for me is the 7 pm games -- as a grad student I'm often stuck in class at 4 pm. That's why I bought an iPhone...if only I could get cable on the thing!If you have a Mac, buy an EyeTV -- it'll let you stream an MP4 of the game to your phone, in class.

heath_harshman4
01-28-2008, 05:38 PM
I have to say, being a Duke fan on the West Coast is a pretty good deal. Since we're Duke, almost all of our games are nationally televised on the ESPNs. Even crazy Fox Sports carries our games unless they conflict with the Pac-10, which they usually don't, b/c the Pac-10 follows a pretty set Thursday/Saturday schedule.

Best yet, those pesky 9 pm games? They start at 6 pm. It's fantastic. The only hiccup for me is the 7 pm games -- as a grad student I'm often stuck in class at 4 pm. That's why I bought an iPhone...if only I could get cable on the thing!

Yeah, its great. I have moments where I love it and I'm not up until 11 or midnight watching a game, but those 4:00 games kill me. But eh, it aint so bad.

3rd Dukie
01-28-2008, 06:29 PM

I agree. Use your I-phone to call me for scores. :) I live in Menlo Park. ESPN Full Court (I think it is called), along with the other sources you mentioned, pretty much guarantees all games. The PAC 10 is actually weak in its television programming. I get many more Duke games than I do Cal or Stanford games, not that I am complaining.

Cameron
01-28-2008, 08:19 PM
I am so glad espn2 decided to pick the NC State game up. It's one of those games where Taylor could get hot and go for 20. Perhaps even hit a couple of 40-footers:) I love those games.

I was so p*ssed off when I was listening to the online streaming version of the Eastern Kentucky game. Just my luck that Three-Pointer would go off for 27 in a game that I couldn't tape.

Does anyone here know what other games Duke-Miami is going up against in the 3:30 slot on Saturday, February 2nd? I'm almost positive that game is regional, so I was hoping to know if Ohio Blue Devils would be blacked out.

Bob Green
01-28-2008, 10:34 PM
AFN is showing the NCSU @ Duke game taped delayed. I momentarily contemplated cancelling my cable service and writing a letter of complaint....then I remembered the service is free and AFN has a monopoly. :rolleyes: