PDA

View Full Version : King on dukeblueplanet

bdh21
01-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Don't know if everyone saw this on dbp (http://dukeblueplanet.com/blog.asp?bid=3), but its a video of Taylor shooting around in Cameron filmed and directed by Nolan and Kyle respectively.

Great line from Nolan after King hit 9 in a row then missed 4 in a row: "Thats why we call him 'IcyHot'!"

ugadevil
01-26-2008, 04:50 PM
That was a great video. I liked the one where Scheyer and Taylor King played each other in the video game. Scheyer was the current Duke team versus Taylor and the '92 Duke team. At one point you hear Taylor say, "Can't anyone from the '92 team shoot the ball!"

CatfiveCane
01-26-2008, 04:57 PM
that boy got range.

Taco
01-26-2008, 04:57 PM
I like how his motion barely changed from the line to midcourt

devildeac
01-26-2008, 05:58 PM
OH MY Nothing but net from the K AND from just inside center court-almost effortlessly

dukebballcamper90-91
01-26-2008, 07:18 PM
It's clear that the crazies love King and King loves the crazies. I think it would be a cool gesture if the crazies went to Burger King and get a crown (they are free) and wear them to the game for Taylor. I actually wore one to the Blue White game (thought I could start something) and got him to sign it and told him it was the official Taylor King hat.

happydays1949
01-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the link. I keep forgetting Blue Planet.

zingit
01-26-2008, 07:47 PM
I also liked Singler's impression of the Cameron Crazies. And in the video game video, I think my favorite part was the cameo by Zoubek where he's eating Ben&Jerry's ice cream because he needs to gain weight, and he says he'll just have "a little bit," and Nolan Smith looks at the camera wide-eyed and corrects, "All of it!"

I love our team.

dukediv2013
01-26-2008, 08:36 PM
"Sorry JJ, I have exceeded your range!"- TK

cspan37421
01-26-2008, 11:00 PM
I love our team. But keep in mind: a) the tape is edited. He might have missed a few from near half-court before sinking the one we saw. b) no one is guarding him.

It's good fun though and this group seems to like to hang out together and they obviously enjoy each other. I take that away from the video more than anything, and they'll stick together no matter what.

One Q though: how many serious athletic teams put a player on a Ben & Jerry's diet? If he wants to gain weight, why not a bunch of pasta, eggs, or steak? Oh, don't answer, I have a guess: he already had that, and the B&J pint was for dessert.

Cameron
01-26-2008, 11:13 PM
He might have missed a few from near half-court before sinking the one we saw. b) no one is guarding him.

So? There were plenty of guys trying to guard him in Blacksburg and Taylor still hit three shots from outerspace.

wisteria
01-26-2008, 11:54 PM
So? There were plenty of guys trying to guard him in Blacksburg and Taylor still hit three shots from outerspace.

The last one of those three was absolutely ridiculous. He was running and pulled up FAR FAR away from the line and just fired. Nothing but net. It simply stunned the announcers, and me too. I was watching the game in Bryan Center and I literally embarrased myself by shouting out loud "Oh my god".

Ben63
01-27-2008, 12:36 AM
I love TK, he is the man. New official favorite player.

OZZIE4DUKE
01-27-2008, 03:41 PM
I keep telling people he can make 'em from the K. He did that in the B/W game. But from midcourt? WOW!

Note my new location!

Cameron
01-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Great location, Ozzie! Love it.

I hope we get to see a game where Taylor is so hot from outside, just drilling shots from all over, that he backs up to the center D. Obviously that's not a shot a coach generally wants his players taking, but if TK is one of those delicously wonderful tears, I could see it going up. He has absolutely no conscience.

If Taylor ever backs up to that range and drains it, I will probably die. I won't even know how to act. My Dad asked if I wanted him to commit me after Taylor hit that 26-footer before the half against Va Tech. For a person my age, I went a little too far with my excitement level, to say the least:) I just can't help it, though. There may not be anything prettier in the game than a sweet 30 foot stroke.

We might be looking at the best distance shooter in college basketball history before his Duke career his in the books. I think Taylor King has that type of potential. I'm not saying best three-point shooter ever, but the best range ever. When I look back over the years, a few deep range guys come to mind. JJ Redick, of course, as well as Quincy Douby, Brendan Plavich, Casey Jacobsen, Chris Collins, Chris Kingsbury, etc. Those guys were known best for their incredible shooting range. King might be be able to go further than any of 'em.

I LOVE HIM!

365Duke
01-27-2008, 05:34 PM
I keep telling people he can make 'em from the K. He did that in the B/W game. But from midcourt? WOW!

Note my new location!

But Oz, now you have an extra 15 min drive to Cameron;)