PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap...incoming!!!

365Duke
01-26-2008, 04:21 PM
uh, I would say this could be a problem.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325829,00.html

I bet Vegas has odds out Monday on where it lands.

wilson
01-26-2008, 04:22 PM
If it falls on my car, do I get a new one?

ugadevil
01-26-2008, 04:24 PM
I just hope it doesn't land on that one guy's slip n slide. That would suck.

wilson
01-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Maybe it will land on the Dean Dome? Or the Comcast Center? Or the Bryan Center?;)

Lavabe
01-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Well at least it isn't the asteroid that was reasonably close to us. I thought for sure that you were referring to THAT possibility.

Whew!!

Bristol, CT?;)

Cheers,
Lavabe

bdh21
01-26-2008, 04:41 PM
The Bryan Center is built like a bomb shelter. No mere satellite is going to scuff the BC.

EarlJam
01-26-2008, 06:14 PM
I was watching a special on Skylab on the History Channel a couple of months ago. When Skylab crashed to the Earth years ago, parts landed in Austrialia. According to this show, the country of Austrailia fined NASA for littering. True story. NASA never paid up ("put it on America's tab," I suppose).

-EarlJam

billybreen
01-26-2008, 06:42 PM
I was watching a special on Skylab on the History Channel a couple of months ago. When Skylab crashed to the Earth years ago, parts landed in Austrialia. According to this show, the country of Austrailia fined NASA for littering. True story. NASA never paid up ("put it on America's tab," I suppose).

-EarlJam

Well, I'll take that as opening enough to quote the best movie ever:

Chris Knight: Telcom. Isn't that the satellite that's raining debris all over Europe?
Dr. Dodd: Why is that toy on your head?
Chris Kniight: Because if I wear it anywhere else it chafes.

DukePA
01-27-2008, 01:02 PM

-EarlJam

My brother and his high school buddies sold Skylab insurance to their classmates!