PDA

View Full Version : Easy Trivia

camion
01-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Name four current Duke bballers born in the spring of 1988. Nolan Smith is close, but not quite.

I just found it interesting that some of our youngsters are younger than I thought.

Does the whiteout really work. We'll find out I guess.
From the goduke.com biographies
Born Brian Henry Zoubek on April 6, 1988...
Born Lance Thomas on April 24, 1988...
Born Taylor Steven King on May 30, 1988...
Born Kyle Edward Singler on May 4, 1988...

Born July 25, 1988... (Nolan Smith, the youngest youngster)
Born Jonathan James Scheyer on August 24, 1987... (the old man)

nicktonyg22
01-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Taylor, Kyle, Lance and Zoubs were born in the spring of 1988. Nolan was born in July of 1988. It's weird that these guys are my age. I'm used to thinking that they are so much older than I am.

nicktonyg22
01-26-2008, 12:50 PM
I just now saw the white font. I'm dumb.

Taco
01-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Man. Growing up a Duke fan it was a little weird for me when I graduated and realized "hey all those guys I'm watching on TV are younger than me now". Now it's especially weird that plenty of them are younger than my little sister :eek:

wilson
01-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Man. Growing up a Duke fan it was a little weird for me when I graduated and realized "hey all those guys I'm watching on TV are younger than me now". Now it's especially weird that plenty of them are younger than my little sister :eek:

I too had that odd feeling after graduating (not that long ago). I was just having the similarly weird thought that I distinctly recall watching Duke games before any of those guys were born.

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-26-2008, 02:03 PM
I too had that odd feeling after graduating (not that long ago). I was just having the similarly weird thought that I distinctly recall watching Duke games before any of those guys were born.
Take from one who was watching Duke play before you were born, it's like a fine wine...... it only gets better!

wilson
01-26-2008, 04:34 PM
Take from one who was watching Duke play before you were born, it's like a fine wine...... it only gets better!

Agreed! It just feels weird to experience that phenomenon while watching these guys on national TV, when I'm really not that old myself.

CDu
01-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Name four current Duke bballers born in the spring of 1988. Nolan Smith is close, but not quite.

I just found it interesting that some of our youngsters are younger than I thought.

Does the whiteout really work. We'll find out I guess.
From the goduke.com biographies
Born Brian Henry Zoubek on April 6, 1988...
Born Lance Thomas on April 24, 1988...
Born Taylor Steven King on May 30, 1988...
Born Kyle Edward Singler on May 4, 1988...

Born July 25, 1988... (Nolan Smith, the youngest youngster)
Born Jonathan James Scheyer on August 24, 1987... (the old man)

That's actually surprising to me for a different reason. As sophomores, I would have expected Zoubek, Thomas, and Scheyer to be 20 (or to be turning 20 this spring) as they are doing. They're sophomores in college. It's surprising to me that King, Singler, and Smith are that OLD for being freshmen. When I was a freshman, I was 18, and turned 19 in the spring. These guys are 19, and are turning 20. Scheyer is on the old side for his class as well.