PDA

View Full Version : Potential new revenue for DBR?

dukemomLA
01-26-2008, 05:09 AM
Not sure if this thread should be here, or Off Topic. (God knows, the moderators will let me know pronto).

BUT...my daughter and son-in-law (Duke '01) are pregnant with their first child. I searched all of the Duke store websites for the following:

A Duke logo tee-shirt with an arrow pointing down to the stomach which said, "Future Cameron Crazie" or "Future Duke Grad." Nada, zilch.

I've recently purchased a "Future Marine" t-shirt for my cousin, and a "Already Smarter Than Bush" t-shirt for my daughter. So what's up with Duke? Are their product development people all boys? (I can't use the term MEN -- 'cause men would know better).

So, my question is: Is there a way to have a DBR store which will offer such items? And I would LOVE other thoughts from DBR posters as to other items which we could offer to bring revenue to DBR.

And...obviously...advice from Julio & the powers that be, as to how we could implement such an endeavor.

Seems like a good idea to me. Then again, most everyone hates my posts.

dkbaseball
01-26-2008, 10:46 AM
most everyone hates my posts.

Au contraire, dukemomLA. Please visit the PPB more often; the forces of reaction threaten daily to engulf us.

weezie
01-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Whaddya talking about Dukemom? Nobody hates your posts! You, of all people, should know how "crusty" Dukies can be. It's all part of the fun.
And I seem to recall something like a Future Dukie shirt/onesie at the book store on campus. Check your message inbox.

Lavabe
01-26-2008, 12:10 PM

FWIW, I LOVE my longsleeve DBR tee. MORE swag, please!

dukemomLA: The Atlanta mafia will call a meeting and address this issue. You're MOM. How can you hate MOM? We'll take down some names, okay?

Cheers,
Lavabe

3rd Dukie
01-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Not sure if this thread should be here, or Off Topic. (God knows, the moderators will let me know pronto).

BUT...my daughter and son-in-law (Duke '01) are pregnant with their first child. I searched all of the Duke store websites for the following:

A Duke logo tee-shirt with an arrow pointing down to the stomach which said, "Future Cameron Crazie" or "Future Duke Grad." Nada, zilch.

I've recently purchased a "Future Marine" t-shirt for my cousin, and a "Already Smarter Than Bush" t-shirt for my daughter. So what's up with Duke? Are their product development people all boys? (I can't use the term MEN -- 'cause men would know better).

So, my question is: Is there a way to have a DBR store which will offer such items? And I would LOVE other thoughts from DBR posters as to other items which we could offer to bring revenue to DBR.

And...obviously...advice from Julio & the powers that be, as to how we could implement such an endeavor.

In 1963, I remember being in the men's room somewhere on campus prior to the UNC game. Right at eye level on the urinal was a sign saying "Flush twice; it's a long way to Chapel Hole." I have always wanted that on a tee shirt. Is that still a popular expression around campus? Sounds like it would be.

Maybe the tee shirt business would be a good one for DBR. Contract the job out to someone to drop ship them. I'm quite certain that folks on this board will have thousands of reasons as to why that is a goofy idea.

Thanks.

YmoBeThere
01-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Not a goofy idea if you can find a good contractor to actually make the shirts and ship them. However, not sure what the issues are on the printing side regarding setup, and thus minimum order sizes, etc. That is probably the harder nut to crack.

kexman
01-26-2008, 04:15 PM
I think through zazzle (and probably other sites) you can do it. Basically with a photo you can make t-shirts, mugs, mouse pads, etc. I think if you make it public other people can purchase as well. I've never actually used it so I'm not sure exactly how it works.

pamtar
01-26-2008, 05:08 PM
I like your posts.

OZZIE4DUKE
01-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Not a goofy idea if you can find a good contractor to actually make the shirts and ship them. However, not sure what the issues are on the printing side regarding setup, and thus minimum order sizes, etc. That is probably the harder nut to crack.

DBR does this. Here are the current offerings.
http://www.cafepress.com/juliovision

Or, click on the DBR stuff button under the main header.

Not a great selection. Definitely think they should add DukemomLA's suggestion to the mix.

captmojo
01-27-2008, 05:50 AM
There are "Do it Yourself" iron-ons available that you can print up on your printer. I don't have a better answer than what has already been expressed.

As for your posts JL, regardless of whatever your political leanings, always know that the Capt. thinks you are the bee's knees.

DukePA
01-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Keep posting Ma!

StiggyMata
01-27-2008, 09:25 PM
In 1963, I remember being in the men's room somewhere on campus prior to the UNC game. Right at eye level on the urinal was a sign saying "Flush twice; it's a long way to Chapel Hole." I have always wanted that on a tee shirt. Is that still a popular expression around campus? Sounds like it would be.
Thanks.

This is probably not a good idea during a drought.

3rd Dukie
01-27-2008, 11:57 PM
This is probably not a good idea during a drought.

:) LOL

I'll buy that.