PDA

View Full Version : UT coach threatens to cancel Duke series

BillVol
01-25-2008, 11:02 PM
http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2008/jan/25/summitt-has-warning-crazies/

I'm posting this FYI only. I'm very embarrassed about this, as you can see by my response at the bottom of the article.

Keep up the good work, Dukies.

bludev03
01-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Whatever Pat!

So you are running away from Geno b/c ur scared of Tina, Maya, and EDD.

Now, you're scared of the Crazies and are "threatening" to run away.

Geno brought doughnuts to the Crazies in K-Ville after the team shootaround that morning (the BIG game of Dee vs. Alana). He didn't care about the Crazies Super Mario and Luigi dressed up. Nor the chants calling Dee "Princess Lea". In fact, Geno laughed at the Crazies and played along with them.

But seriously, if Pat is such a diehard about "advancing the women's game", "respect", and leveling the playing field in terms of equality and fair treatment, then why should she and Alexis be excluded?! If the Crazies do that to the men, they are "clever", "entertaining", "funny", "creative", etc. But why is it a taboo for the women?!

How bout: "RB re-ject! (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap) RB re-ject! (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)"

dukegirlinsc
01-25-2008, 11:24 PM
That's pretty outrageous.
Isn't taunting and learning to deal with it part of being "good"?

Adapt & overcome, Patty.

And I agree with your comment on the article, Bill.
Very well-put.

Devilsfan
01-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Come on Pat, man up.

monkey
01-26-2008, 03:07 AM
Seems like criminal behavior is a fair subject for the public to comment on.

TillyGalore
01-26-2008, 03:40 AM
Is it April 1 already?

dukemomLA
01-26-2008, 04:47 AM
I used to admire Pat S. She's a brilliant coach and deserves all the kudos that have come her way. But lately she is becoming a cartoon of her former self.

"Bah humbug to UConn"....dig your own grave Pat. Demeaning the creativity of the Crazies -- calling it 'abuse' and 'harrassment' beyond the acceptable? GET REAL!!!! The Walmart 'shopping bag thing' was one of the few admirable things that the crowd (...sorry for the bias, but it's been hard to call this crowd "Creative Cameron Crazies" over the past few years) has come up with for a while.

Pat S. needs to lighten up on her opposition -- perhaps wear her TENN cheerleader garb to away games?

Lavabe
01-26-2008, 06:43 AM
Pat S. needs to lighten up on her opposition -- perhaps wear her TENN cheerleader garb to away games?

Which is worse: Pat S. and her cheerleader garb, or any of Sylvia Hatchell's noted fashion faux pas?

Cheers,
Lavabe

sandinmyshoes
01-26-2008, 07:08 AM
Uncle Terry would have probably agreed with her, to a point.

devildeac
01-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Uncle Terry would have probably agreed with her, to a point.

I/we beg to differ(how many understand this reference?)

For the most part, the Crazies have laid off the more personal issues, but I think criminal behavior is fair game(see ed cota and his cohort re: Halloween mischief and his subsequent panel of 'judges' at CIS that season).

merry
01-26-2008, 09:53 AM
As heckling goes the Wal Mart thing seemed pretty mild to me. Sounds like Pat's looking for an excuse to cancel the series for some other reason.

Wander
01-26-2008, 10:45 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Is this serious?

gadzooks
01-26-2008, 10:51 AM
As heckling goes the Wal Mart thing seemed pretty mild to me. Same here. Obviously, it's embarrassing, but extremely mild compared to what the Duke men have endured from opposing team's fans--and at least it was true. Pat needs to lighten up before she runs out of good teams to play.

weezie
01-26-2008, 11:38 AM
This is pretty sad. Pat has had such a glorious career, so much success. She practically built women's college hoops with her own achievements. But she's actually a whiny, "scaredy," emotional blackmailer.
What an embarrassment for my sex.

zingit
01-26-2008, 11:43 AM
How about we chant something like "You can't handle the truth!" at the game?

wilson
01-26-2008, 11:48 AM
How about we chant something like "You can't handle the truth!" at the game?

There's definitely material to be mined here. I trust that the Crazies will get it figured out. I dunno if it's really possible to rattle Coach Summitt's cage during a game, but if you do, it'd of course be a great help to our team.

Lavabe
01-26-2008, 11:55 AM
http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2008/jan/25/summitt-has-warning-crazies/

I'm posting this FYI only. I'm very embarrassed about this, as you can see by my response at the bottom of the article.

Keep up the good work, Dukies.

Thank you BillVol.

Does Summitt REALLY expect us to believe that:
1) The Vols receive no other "taunts" from other venues? Vandy? Huh?
2) The Vol fans do not "taunt" visiting rivals?

Wow. The Vol fans, and a topless Bruce Pearl included, must all be angels. Never a fan saying anything at a visitor. No Ivory Lattas in the SEC. Sure. :rolleyes: I sense some avuncular angel halos appearing in CIS real soon.

My life will continue whether or not Summitt wishes to continue playing at CIS.

Lots of Avuncular CHEERS (no taunts:rolleyes: ),
Lavabe

ugadevil
01-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Pat Summitt is arguably the best coach in basketball, but she does things a certain way. While winning national championships, she doesn't let her team forget that they are ladies. It doesn't surprise me at all that Summitt does not approve of "taunting" towards her team. If the crowd is bringing up "inappropriate" issues, it takes away from the whole beauty pageant mystique that Summitt wants her team to have.

weezie
01-26-2008, 09:26 PM
If the crowd is bringing up "inappropriate" issues, it takes away from the whole beauty pageant mystique that Summitt wants her team to have.

Clap, clap, clap. Bravo. Truly laughing at a very funny post :D .

NovaScotian
01-27-2008, 02:44 AM
Which is worse: Pat S. and her cheerleader garb, or any of Sylvia Hatchell's noted fashion faux pas?

Cheers,
Lavabe

by the way, sylvia hatchell is straight up minkus from boy meets world in a pants suit

Cameron
01-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Never knew Pat was so feeble.

You know what, Patty? Don't recuit criminals.

I hope the Cameron Crazies are out in full force, waving, wearing orange jumpers and cheering "Bye Bye, Patty...clap, clap, clap clap clap...Bye Bye, Patty!"

ugadevil
01-27-2008, 04:44 PM
I hope the Crazies never made fun of Brittany Jackson when she played for UT. If so, shame on all of you who did such a thing!!!!

http://sixmeatbuffet.com/images/britneyjackson.jpg

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!

Bluedog
01-27-2008, 05:04 PM
I hope the Crazies never made fun of Brittany Jackson when she played for UT. If so, shame on all of you who did such a thing!!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!

No, the crazies would never make fun of Brittany. She's actually trying at a career in broadcasting and sports modeling....here's a photo gallery: http://www.brittany-jackson.com/fashion_gallery/index.htm

accfanfrom1970
01-27-2008, 06:47 PM
How about a sincere "we're sorry" cheer when she's introduced....