PDA

View Full Version : Heather Dinnich on 6th Men

Indoor66
01-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Heather is becoming a favorite of mine - not only for her good words about Dukies but for good writing and good analysis without injecting herself as a controversial figure.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?id=3208132

BlueDevilBaby
01-25-2008, 03:11 PM
I thought the very same when I read the article.

SilkyJ
01-25-2008, 03:59 PM
good article, and i think had some new info WRT scheyer struggling with it at first and getting down on himself. We've seen a half dozen of these articles about scheyer, but I dont know i had ever read that before...

also, didn't realize sheron collins was coming off the bench for kansas. did he start last year or is my memory bad?

Ignatius07
01-25-2008, 06:12 PM
There was another "Best 6th Men" article, this time by Grant Wahl on SI.com - he actually named Nolan Smith - and not Scheyer - as one of the best sixth men. Thought that was interesting. Wahl believes Smith could be a key as he improves for Duke this season - I wholeheartedly agree. I loved how he attacked the basket for a third time against VT after being blocked and having his shot altered. Earlier in the season he would not have done that.

Indoor66
01-25-2008, 06:18 PM
I got an email from Heather and she is covering Duke v MD and Duke V NC.

delfrio
01-25-2008, 06:52 PM
So it seems like moving to 6th man role may have actually been beneficial for Scheyer in terms of publicity. I've seen a lot more press about him coming off the bench (and doing well) than I remember seeing last year. Yes/no?

Ignatius07
01-26-2008, 12:50 AM
Probably. All the diaper dandy hype went to Durant and Oden last year, and perhaps rightly so. If Scheyer were starting he wouldn't be getting as much pub - his high production would be less noticeable.