PDA

View Full Version : ACC Games this Weekend

gw67
01-25-2008, 12:32 PM
There are five ACC games this weekend. The following are my thoughts/predictions for each.

Duke @ Maryland – The Terps have won 6 of their last 7 games and are improved over the team that lost to American and Ohio; however, they are still a poor offensive team and their personnel and their offense do not match up well with the Devils, IMO. They play good defense and may be able to stay close; however, the match up at the wing position (Nelson/Scheyer or Henderson) and the outside shooting of Duke will be difficult to overcome. I expect Duke to prevail by 8-10 points.

N.C.State @ Florida State – N.C.State has not impressed and is at the bottom of the ACC. I don’t see their strong frontcourt overcoming their backcourt weakness on the road against the perimeter players of FSU.

Virginia Tech @ BC – Two young teams will square off in Boston. Without Allen, I don’t see Tech winning this game on the road against a BC squad that is well coached and has some potential.

Clemson @ Miami – Miami desperately needs a win at home and the Tigers need to show that they can win on the road. This should be a very close game. Clemson has the better team but they can’t make foul shots and the Canes can. I think the Canes will win one at the end.

Georgia Tech @ Virginia – Tech may be a dark horse that is ready to emerge from the group of bottom feeders in the ACC. They have a strong frontcourt and their point guards are playing better. Virginia is very strong at home. If Singletary has a hot game and a couple of other players play well, the Hoos should win; however, I don’t see that happening and I predict that Tech gets a rare road victory.

gw67