PDA

View Full Version : ESPN quote at halftime

rthomas
01-25-2008, 11:20 AM
During halftime last night ESPN was showing the Buick Open highlights and after Tiger holes a chip from off the green and then makes a 30 foot putt on another hole, the announcer (I think it was Fran Fraschilla) said, "Tiger has more range than Taylor King."

That was cute.

blazindw
01-25-2008, 11:31 AM
"Greg Paulus Is In The Mitchell Report".

I admit it, I laughed at that one, not because it's true, but because it was pretty original and unexpected.

Highlander
01-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Was listening to XM on my way home, and it had the home (VT) feed. Seth Greenberg was asked what it was like to coach on the same sideline with Krzyzewski and whether that concerned him or not.

I'll paraphrase his response.

"I'm not concerned about Coach K. He hasn't played a college basketball game in 30 years. He's a step slow. He's short. Plus, he's a defensive guy so I'm not concerned about his offense...

But we're not playing against Mike today."

NovaScotian
01-25-2008, 12:01 PM
"Greg Paulus Is In The Mitchell Report".

I admit it, I laughed at that one, not because it's true, but because it was pretty original and unexpected.

that was freaking hilarious. way better than the "we hate paulus" crap

SilkyJ
01-25-2008, 12:52 PM

oh that was hilarious. did you see the sign at the end of the game that said "Up Next: Winter X Games on ESPN"

when people saw the ESPN camera on him they started booing a little and the guy holding it kinda shrugged his shoulders like "well we lost, but at least I'm on TV"

CDu
01-25-2008, 01:01 PM
oh that was hilarious. did you see the sign at the end of the game that said "Up Next: Winter X Games on ESPN"

when people saw the ESPN camera on him they started booing a little and the guy holding it kinda shrugged his shoulders like "well we lost, but at least I'm on TV"

I loved the kid's sheepish reaction. But what I loved even more (from an irony perspective) was the guy and girl next to him fiercely displaying the "VT" hand gesture, as though there was anything awesome about being a Va Tech fan last night.

dukeENG2003
01-25-2008, 01:42 PM

I particularly liked the sign next to that one that made fun of "Paulis".

Clipsfan
01-25-2008, 03:18 PM

I forget if there is any reason they really hate Paulus. Did he ever do anything to them? They were all over him the entire game.

NovaScotian
01-25-2008, 04:08 PM
I forget if there is any reason they really hate Paulus. Did he ever do anything to them? They were all over him the entire game.

i mean, i kind of hate paulus, but i've found much more subtle ways of getting the point across.

[/smirk]