PDA

View Full Version : Charting Duke vs. Virginia Tech

Jumbo
01-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Lance Thomas came through with his second strong game in a row, and Nolan Smith had an excellent outing off the bench. The top plus/minus guy going into the game -- Jon Scheyer -- might have played his worst game of the season, and that was largely reflected in his stats, too.

Individuals
Nolan Smith 37-22 (+15)
Lance Thomas 37-23 (+14)
Kyle Singler 65-52 (+13)
Gerald Henderson 64-51 (+13)
DeMarcus Nelson 63-54 (+9)
Jon Scheyer 47-40 (+7)
Greg Paulus 57-52 (+5)
Taylor King 22-17 (+5)
David McClure 13-9 (+4)

Per 40 Minutes
Nolan Smith +35.3
Lance Thomas +31.1
David McClure +26.7
Kyle Singler +17.3
Gerald Henderson +17.3
Taylor King +14.3
DeMarcus Nelson +11.6
Jon Scheyer +11.2
Greg Paulus +6.9

Lineups
Paulus-Nelson-Henderson-Singler-Thomas (x3) 17-13 (+4)
Smith-Scheyer-Nelson-Singler-Thomas (x3) 4-0 (+4)
Paulus-Nelson-Henderson-King-Singler 6-2 (+4)
Smith-Scheyer-Nelson-McClure-Singler 4-0 (+4)
Smith-Scheyer-Henderson-King-Thomas 7-4 (+3)
Smith-Scheyer-Henderson-Singler-Thomas 5-2 (+3)
Paulus-Smith-Scheyer-Henderson-Singler (x2) 6-4 (+2)
Paulus-Smith-Nelson-Henderson-Singler 4-2 (+2)
Paulus-Smith-Scheyer-Nelson-King 3-2 (+1)
Paulus-Nelson-Henderson-McClure-Singler (x3) 7-7 (0)
Smith-Scheyer-Nelson-King-Thomas 4-4 (0)
Paulus-Scheyer-Nelson-McClure-King 2-2 (0)
Paulus-Scheyer-Nelson-McClure-Singler 0-0 (0)
Paulus-Smith-Scheyer-Henderson-Thomas 0-0 (0)
Smith-Nelson-Henderson-King-Thomas 0-0 (0)
Smith-Nelson-Henderson-Singler-Thomas 0-0 (0)
Paulus-Smith-Nelson-McClure-King 0-0 (0)
Paulus-Smith-Scheyer-Nelson-Singler 0-2 (-2)
Smith-Scheyer-Nelson-Henderson-Singler 0-2 (-2)
Paulus-Scheyer-Nelson-Henderson-Singler (x3) 12-15 (-3)
Paulus-Scheyer-Nelson-King-Singler 0-3 (-3)

billybreen
01-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Nolan Smith for the win!

Troublemaker
01-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Thanks as always for the stats, Jumbo. I'm greatly anticipating the Sunday matchup against Maryland, and the aspect I'm most looking forward to is seeing how Lance fares against Osby, Gist, and company. Not that MD's frontcourt is the ultimate test or anything, but if Lance plays well again, we might just have a trend. Tonight he was confident, he caught balls cleanly, he made quick moves, he defended well as usual, including a nifty play where he helped on a drive but was still able to bat away a dumpoff pass for a turnover. He was confident in his interactions with his teammates; I think he knows he's starting to lockup his starting position with good play.

Jumbo
01-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks as always for the stats, Jumbo. I'm greatly anticipating the Sunday matchup against Maryland, and the aspect I'm most looking forward to is seeing how Lance fares against Osby, Gist, and company. Not that MD's frontcourt is the ultimate test or anything, but if Lance plays well again, we might just have a trend. Tonight he was confident, he caught balls cleanly, he made quick moves, he defended well as usual, including a nifty play where he helped on a drive but was still able to bat away a dumpoff pass for a turnover. He was confident in his interactions with his teammates; I think he knows he's starting to lockup his starting position with good play.

Agreed that Maryland should be a good test. In terms of size/athleticism, Gist is pretty similar to Mays. Booker is obviously a better player than Osby, so Lance already proved himself against one good frontcourt. But if he can hold his own against Maryland on the road, it will be a really good sign going forward.