PDA

View Full Version : Giants SB / Duke NC Correlation

KBCrazie
01-24-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm a Giants fan, and while thinking about the Giants' history of playing in Super Bowls, I stumbled upon this interesting correlation with Duke playing in the National Championship Game. To wit:

1986: Giants win Super Bowl, Duke loses NC

1990: Giants win Super Bowl, Duke loses NC

1999: Duke loses NC

2000: Giants lose Super Bowl

2001: Duke wins NC

2008: Giants play in Super Bowl, Duke ????????

Duke has played in the national championship at least once within one year of each Giants Super Bowl. Since Duke didn't play in the NC last year, for the correlation to continue, they would need to play in the NC this year or next. There is also an inverse correlation with the outcome of the Super Bowl. Giants win, Duke loses and vice-versa. I really really hope that this correlation ceases this go-round and both WIN!

TillyGalore
01-24-2008, 03:49 PM
So Duke fans should root for the Patriots if they want Duke to win a NC. I can live with that!

Go Pats!!!

GO DUKE!!!!!

hurleyfor3
01-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Duke has won national championships only when a Bush has been in the White House. So should we root for Jeb to run or something?

OZZIE4DUKE
01-24-2008, 05:32 PM
So Duke fans should root for the Patriots if they want Duke to win a NC. I can live with that!

I'm resigned to the fact that the Pats will win the Super Bowl and go 19-0.

Duke has won national championships only when a Bush has been in the White House. So should we root for Jeb to run or something?

George W. Bush will still be President in April. If he's not, then that is far bigger news than who wins the National Championship.

hurleyfor3
01-24-2008, 06:08 PM
D'oh, I got ahead of myself. Still, as long as we're discussing false correlations, what does it say for Duke's national championship success after 2008?

dukemomLA
01-25-2008, 06:00 AM
GO GIANTS!!! GO GIANTS!!! GO GIANTS!!! no need to say more.

From a Giants fan since age 4. GO GIANTS!!

NovaScotian
01-25-2008, 12:13 PM
GO GIANTS!!! GO GIANTS!!! GO GIANTS!!! no need to say more.

From a Giants fan since age 4. GO GIANTS!!

hell freaking yea

TillyGalore
02-03-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm a Giants fan, and while thinking about the Giants' history of playing in Super Bowls, I stumbled upon this interesting correlation with Duke playing in the National Championship Game. To wit:

1986: Giants win Super Bowl, Duke loses NC

1990: Giants win Super Bowl, Duke loses NC

1999: Duke loses NC

2000: Giants lose Super Bowl

2001: Duke wins NC

2008: Giants play in Super Bowl, Duke ????????

Duke has played in the national championship at least once within one year of each Giants Super Bowl. Since Duke didn't play in the NC last year, for the correlation to continue, they would need to play in the NC this year or next. There is also an inverse correlation with the outcome of the Super Bowl. Giants win, Duke loses and vice-versa. I really really hope that this correlation ceases this go-round and both WIN!

Congrats to the Giants for winning the SB.

Since it appears Duke wins a NC when the Giants go to the SB and lose, how will their win impact our chances to win a NC? I'm just slightly superstitious.

shereec
02-03-2008, 10:55 PM
I choose to believe that the correlation is now ended because of the Cutcliffe - Manning connection

mr. synellinden
02-04-2008, 04:46 PM

George W. Bush will still be President in April. If he's not, then that is far bigger news than who wins the National Championship.

Half of your assumptions were wrong. Any chance both could be wrong? Hopefully?

TillyGalore
02-04-2008, 06:25 PM

Half of your assumptions were wrong. Any chance both could be wrong? Hopefully?

So then you want Cheney to be President April. Better watch out or this thread will quickly go PPB. :(