PDA

View Full Version : 0.0000000000194%

bdh21
01-24-2008, 11:09 AM
These are Kenpom's projected odds of Duke dropping 13 in a row to finish the ACC schedule a disappointing 3-13.

No game is ever guaranteed in the ACC. That's why its one of the best conferences without fail. But I am feeling confident: Duke will win again this year, perhaps often!

Indoor66
01-24-2008, 11:14 AM
These are Kenpom's projected odds of Duke dropping 13 in a row to finish the ACC schedule a disappointing 3-13.

No game is ever guaranteed in the ACC. That's why its one of the best conferences without fail. But I am feeling confident: Duke will win again this year, perhaps often!

What are the odds on Duke winning the NCAA's?

bdh21
01-24-2008, 11:20 AM
What are the odds on Duke winning the NCAA's?

That would depend on:

-The next 13 conference games
-ACC Tourney
-Seeding
-Matchups
-Upsets in the bracket
-And most importantly... Whether or not Kenpom's projections are in any way reliable

Short answer: I'm not sure, it doesn't say, but probably ~10%. Thats not necessarily a bad thing.

CDu
01-24-2008, 01:41 PM
That would depend on:

-ACC Tourney
-Seeding
-Matchups
-Upsets in the bracket
-And most importantly... Whether or not Kenpom's projections are in any way reliable

Short answer: I'm not sure, it doesn't say, but probably ~10%. Thats not necessarily a bad thing.

10% seems awfully high at this point in my opinion. I'd guess (purely conjecture at this point) the champion is more than 50% likely to come from the quote-unquote big 4 (Kansas, Memphis, UCLA, UNC). That leaves less than 50% chance for the rest of the field, of which several teams might have a decent argument. But as you said, it's hard to say at this point.

Indoor66
01-24-2008, 02:08 PM
That would depend on:

-ACC Tourney
-Seeding
-Matchups
-Upsets in the bracket

I got 16x1 in Reno.