PDA

View Full Version : He-he-heh...

Karl Beem
01-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Think what our seed would be if we had a shot-blocking wide body in the post.:o (http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10594637)

DangerDevil
01-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Forget the what ifs, you can't get a whole lot better than a 1 seed.

shadowfax336
01-23-2008, 04:45 PM
what if Marty were healthy and playing 30 minutes a game??

CDu
01-23-2008, 04:49 PM
Forget the what ifs, you can't get a whole lot better than a 1 seed.

I think that was the original poster's point. That said, being a #1 seed in someone's mind in January is a lot different than being a #1 seed in March. And even then, being a #1 seed doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement.

I think we would absolutely be better if we had a big man who could block shots, rebound, and provide a post presence. That doesn't mean this team isn't good. That doesn't mean this season hasn't been (and won't continue to be) fun. It's just a fact that we could very well be even BETTER.

ugadevil
01-23-2008, 04:57 PM
what if Marty were healthy and playing 30 minutes a game??

He wouldn't even be playing if we had Luol as a 5th year senior!

SilkyJ
01-23-2008, 05:37 PM
or christiansen as a 7th year senior.

for real though, we've still got a ways to go, but i think thats a good thing as this team is getting better each game, and you can really see the improvement. nolan smith has been the biggest example, imo.

rsvman
01-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Holy crap. Talk about counting your chickens before they hatch!

dukestheheat
01-23-2008, 06:53 PM
dudes, i really do miss marty out there. we could use his points and the crowd flat out loves him.

dth.

monkey
01-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Think what our seed would be if we had a shot-blocking wide body in the post.:o (http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10594637)

Of course, being a number one seed in a poll done by a guy at CBS Sportsline in January means that we win it all, right, given that we have no weaknesses?:rolleyes:

wilson
01-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Don't mean to be a cold shower or anything...But while I have loved watching this team, and I think it will continue to be good (better) over the course of the year, I'll be surprised if we actually end up getting a #1 seed. I also think it's a bit of a stretch to call us the 3rd-best team in the country right now. Well within the top 10, but #3 is rather lofty.

vango
01-23-2008, 09:38 PM
I don't care much for this - we've played well but it is sort of ascention by attrition to me. We're relying on a ton of Soph. and Freshman - it's a long year. The road is tough on freshman. As is the tournaments. One game at a time and lets not get ahead of ourselves....

vango
01-23-2008, 10:03 PM
I don't care much for this - we've played well but it is sort of ascention by attrition to me. We're relying on a ton of Soph. and Freshman - it's a long year. The road is tough on freshman. As is the tournaments. One game at a time and lets not get ahead of ourselves....

Make that, "As are the tournaments." Time for bed....

Mostly posting this to see if my avatar is finally working.... :confused:

MikeS
01-23-2008, 10:17 PM
What if Josh McRoberts stays in school along with Shawn Livingston coming to school along with Kris Humphres and Patrick Patterson?

devildeac
01-23-2008, 11:33 PM
What if Josh McRoberts stays in school along with Shawn Livingston coming to school along with Kris Humphres and Patrick Patterson?

You can only play with one basketball at a time during a game...