PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated

NW Indiana Dukie
02-27-2007, 12:13 PM
I went to the Bulls/Magic game last night wanting to see all the Dukies do well. I was entertained by the play of Grant, Deng, and Duhon(even thou game wasn’t the best) but the player I wanted to see the most was JJ and he got the dreaded DNP! I don’t know what Brian Hill is thinking anymore. JJ had a really good stretch of games going this month when Grant was injured. I thought with the good run he produced it would warrant more time when Grant came back. Meanwhile: Dooling, Arroyo, and Ariza all played instead last night and I don’t know why???
Anyone with any more insight please help me out: anybody in Orlando.

Thanks,
NW Indiana Dukie

DukeDevilDeb
02-27-2007, 12:24 PM
JJ hasn't played much since Grant came back. What a dilemma! Do we cheer for Grant and have JJ on the pine, or do we want Grant to sit while JJ plays. I think there should be a rule that no NBA team can have 2 Duke players at the same position.

ikiru36
02-27-2007, 01:26 PM
JJ hasn't played much since Grant came back. What a dilemma! Do we cheer for Grant and have JJ on the pine, or do we want Grant to sit while JJ plays. I think there should be a rule that no NBA team can have 2 Duke players at the same position.

Unless all the other teams already start a Duke player at that position already!

Not sure what's up with JJ's minutes. He hasn't played in the last 3 games while his stats this past month have been more than respectable when he's played (In February, 44% from field, 43% from 3pt. range, 84% from line, over 2.6 assist/TO ratio, over 20 points per 48 minutes).

He'll get his minutes eventually, as he's showing how productive he can be when he's in there. Something is up when a player who's already played 5 20+ minute games this month is getting multiple DNP-CP's. Either he's battling some undisclosed injury/illness or is in Coach Hill's doghouse for some reason.

Go Grant!!!
Go JJ!!!

Go Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!