PDA

View Full Version : Nolan's FEET!, and Other Funky B-ball Player Measurements

Shammrog
01-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Hello - noticed the other day that Coach K referenced Nolan's huge feet. He is 6'2", so with the help of Google, I discovered that he wears

EITHER SIZE 16, 17 OR 18 SHOES! (depending on the article.)

Wow! His dad was 6'6" and grew about 4 inches in college; so maybe Nolan will grow into them. Still, those have to be the biggest shoes/height ratio I have ever seen.

Also, one of the announcers commented during the Clemson game on DeMarcus' freakishly long arms. Given that wingspan usually equals height, I was shocked that DeMarcus (at maybe 6'2". The listed 6'3" tops) has a 7 foot wingspan! That must give him by my guesstimation about an 8'6"-8'8" standing reach. Like a pretty good size forward. No wonder he plays SO BIG.

Any other tidbits out there?

OZZIE4DUKE
01-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Hello - noticed the other day that Coach K referenced Nolan's huge feet. He is 6'2", so with the help of Google, I discovered that he wears EITHER SIZE 16, 17 OR 18 SHOES! (depending on the article.)

Wow! His dad was 6'6" and grew about 4 inches in college; so maybe Nolan will grow into them. Still, those have to be the biggest shoes/height ratio I have ever seen.

Nolan is just a big puppy!

Mike Dunleavy was just 5'11" when K recruited him in HS. He was 7'3" when he left for the NBA.

uncwdevil
01-21-2008, 04:36 PM
well...7'3" might be a little "optimistic" and 5'11" a little "pessimistic"

wow, can you imagine how special Nolan could be if we grew another couple of inches??? he's going to be really good even if he doesn't grow, but Nolan at 6'5"? wow!

mus074
01-21-2008, 04:39 PM
well...7'3" might be a little "optimistic" and 5'11" a little "pessimistic"

wow, can you imagine how special Nolan could be if we grew another couple of inches??? he's going to be really good even if he doesn't grow, but Nolan at 6'5"? wow!

Word.

hc5duke
01-21-2008, 05:01 PM

Mike Dunleavy was just 5'11" when K recruited him in HS. He was 7'3" when he left for the NBA.

Take *THAT* all you naysayers who say you can't teach height.

SilkyJ
01-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Given that wingspan usually equals height, I was shocked that DeMarcus (at maybe 6'2". The listed 6'3" tops) .

Demarcus is listed at 6'4"

haha. funny.

Take *THAT* all you naysayers who say you can't teach height.

funnier.

mepanchin
01-21-2008, 06:01 PM
JJ was the only guy in the 2006 draft with a wingspan less than his height (6'4" tall with a 6'3" wingspan). No wonder he had such trouble with lanky defenders.

MikeS
01-22-2008, 01:45 AM
If Nolan could get a consistent jump shot he might be the best scoring PG in the ACC.

VaDukie
01-22-2008, 02:05 AM
If Nolan could get a consistent jump shot he might be the best scoring PG in the ACC.

I think that before too long (not this year) Nolan will be the best point guard in the ACC, period.

hc5duke
02-02-2008, 08:55 PM

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1026/nba_a_brewer_400.jpg

Maybe there is some truth to it after all. ;) Corey Brewer (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4285) is listed at 6-9.

Uncle Drew
02-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Hello - noticed the other day that Coach K referenced Nolan's huge feet. He is 6'2", so with the help of Google, I discovered that he wears

EITHER SIZE 16, 17 OR 18 SHOES! (depending on the article.)

Also, one of the announcers commented during the Clemson game on DeMarcus' freakishly long arms. Given that wingspan usually equals height, I was shocked that DeMarcus (at maybe 6'2". The listed 6'3" tops) has a 7 foot wingspan! That must give him by my guesstimation about an 8'6"-8'8" standing reach. Like a pretty good size forward. No wonder he plays SO BIG.

Any other tidbits out there?

One former Duke player I remember an oddity about was Elton Brands hands. Some magazine published a life sized photo of his hands to compares yours with his. I have big hands and I realize Elton is not a small guy. But his hands are HUGE. He could litteraly palm basketballs if they were beach ball sized.

On a side note sometimes we grow into our oddities. I wear a size 12.5 shoe, but my feet were the same size in 5th grade. I'm about 6' now, but in fifth grade I wasn't even 5' tall. My brother used to call me "Jesus" and say I could walk on water.

On another side note Acworth is where the in-laws live. I'll pay you to go by and steal back my gas grill!