PDA

View Full Version : Mark Krebs

OZZIE4DUKE
01-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Great article on KY walk on Mark Krebs linked on the front page. But this is my favorite line in the whole thing:

Mark Jr. was only 5 years old when Duke’s Christian Laettner hit the shot that sank UK in the NCAA Tournament’s East Regional, and yet Mark Jr. remembered being crushed and awed simultaneously.

"The Shot" will live forever!

BD80
01-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Why didn't we recruit Mark Krebs? He is 6'5" and has bulked up to 200 lbs. He was averaging 40 rebounds per 40 minutes at KY. He has been watching Duke since he was 5 yrs old. Boy, our recruiting staff really wiffed on this one.

Lavabe
01-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Why didn't we recruit Mark Krebs? He is 6'5" and has bulked up to 200 lbs. He was averaging 40 rebounds per 40 minutes at KY. He has been watching Duke since he was 5 yrs old. Boy, our recruiting staff really wiffed on this one.

Other than Jeff Mullins, Vince Taylor, and Andre Buckner, I am hard-pressed to recall a major recruit that Duke has ever signed (or at least in the last 40 or so years). Please forgive me if I've forgotten someone obvious, but Duke doesn't recruit successfully in Kentucky all that much.

Cheers,
Lavabe