PDA

View Full Version : Duke responds to the draught

OZZIE4DUKE
01-19-2008, 10:13 PM
if only our water shortage would disappear

For the first time ever, there are now push-button flush valves on the trough urinals in the men's rooms in Cameron. No more free flowing water when no one is using them. Probably saves hundreds of gallons per game.

CrazyCat
01-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Thanks for passing that along. Although I will not have much use for this new found knowlege, I will pass this on to my dad who will be in Durham in a couple of weeks to catch a game.

godukecom
01-19-2008, 10:36 PM
...but will these improvements also be made in Wally Wade, and, if so, will the peeing in the sink become less frequent? ;)

devildeac
01-19-2008, 10:43 PM
For the first time ever, there are now push-button flush valves on the trough urinals in the men's rooms in Cameron. No more free flowing water when no one is using them. Probably saves hundreds of gallons per game.

OZZIE, you REALLY got me excited with that one-I was SURE you were talking about some Newcastle or Sierra Nevada on tap, but you were only talking about the urinals in CIS. Highly disappointing:(

Wander
01-19-2008, 10:45 PM
OZZIE, you REALLY got me excited with that one-I was SURE you were talking about some Newcastle or Sierra Nevada on tap, but you were only talking about the urinals in CIS. Highly disappointing:(

I thought it was going to be about Henderson hitting free throws today during a small stretch when no one else on our team was scoring.

devildeac
01-19-2008, 11:01 PM
I thought it was going to be about Henderson hitting free throws today during a small stretch when no one else on our team was scoring.

nah, that's not a drAught(or drought), that's a Non-slaught;).

Lavabe
01-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Fortunately, Ozzie didn't title it:
"Duke responds to the draft"

I'd have thought the Selective Service folks were being called into action. Perhaps we'd have protests on the campus, Allen Building issues, etc...

My other thought was that perhaps CIS turned off the AC, and that we relied on the outdoor breeze to cool down things.;) However, the report from devildeac after the game quickly ruled out that one.;)

Cheers,
Lavabe

Devilsfan
01-20-2008, 09:04 AM
I thought we had air in Cameron. Great game however.

LetItBD08
01-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Speaking about "Cameron Indoor Arena"...I'm really excited about Coach Cutcliffe, but someone got to send him a memo that it's an indoor stadium quickly. You could see the entire crowd in the midst of jubilation when he was talking give a huge collective frown when he let that one fly. Oh well, can't wait to see a packed Wallace Wade Arena in the future.

Raleighfan
01-20-2008, 09:48 AM

I think I would have passed out last night were it not for the fact that I was holding my trusty little fan in front of my face almost the whole time. Our seats are under the TV platform....no air flow at all there. Ever. Usually on cold days, like yesterday, the temp isn't so much a problem; not so last night. Did they have the heat on? Besides down on the floor, that is....

devildeac
01-20-2008, 10:19 AM

We do have air in CIS-hot, steamy, sweaty, wear-down-your-foe air. My wife and I were nearly exhausted and almost completely soaked upon exiting last PM. My word, it was HOT in there last PM. And that, folks was great.

Devilsfan
01-20-2008, 10:22 AM
Like old times. Both the heat and beating a very strong foe.

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-20-2008, 11:30 AM
We do have air in CIS-hot, steamy, sweaty, wear-down-your-foe air. My wife and I were nearly exhausted and almost completely soaked upon exiting last PM. My word, it was HOT in there last PM. And that, folks was great.

I've inquired about the AC situation. (Several years ago season ticket holders paid a surcharge on each ticket to help pay for the installation of air conditioning equipment in Cameron.) Whether allowing the temperature to soar is the result of energy conservation or a request of the coaching staff, it's likely to continue. Dress for the heat!