PDA

View Full Version : Va. Tech's Jeff Allen

IStillHateJimBain
01-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Virginia Tech's Jeff Allen was ejected late in the game against Georgia Tech today for making contact with an official.
I could be mistaken, but I believe this means he must sit out the next game, which would be the Duke game on Thursday.
That would be a major loss for Virginia Tech.
Check the highlights. Deron Washington absolutely posterized Gani Lawal with a dunk to start the second half.

tbyers11
01-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Virginia Tech's Jeff Allen was ejected late in the game against Georgia Tech today for making contact with an official.
I could be mistaken, but I believe this means he must sit out the next game, which would be the Duke game on Thursday.
That would be a major loss for Virginia Tech.
Check the highlights. Deron Washington absolutely posterized Gani Lawal with a dunk to start the second half.

I saw that too. Allen had just picked up his fifth foul on what I thought was a legit call. He walked past the ref on his way to the bench and threw a little elbow. It was nothing that would have hurt a fly, but replays showed it to definitely be intentional. The ref then T'd him up and ejected him. Just a dumb, dumb play that will likely cause him to miss the Duke game on Thursday. Having VT's best post player out can't do anything but help
Duke. Gotta beat Clemson first, though.

Oh yeah, GT won 81-70 by holding off a big 2nd half comeback from VT.