PDA

View Full Version : Soccer Draft

MChambers
01-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Three Duke players, Vidiera, Germanese, and Wadsworth, go in the MLS draft. Interestingly, all will join Jay Heaps (former hoops walk-on) with the New England Revolution.

FreezingDevil
01-19-2008, 12:59 PM
I am really happy for those guys. They are all close friends and must be excited to be heading to the same place. Making the transition to the professional ranks is not easy, both from an athletic and personal standpoint. Yet, having each other around should help ease their transition and allay the pressures of MLS life. I expect that Vidiera will see a good amount of playing time right off the bat, provided he can get healthy, because his game is already primed for the next level. Germanese and Wadsworth might take longer to develop and win more playing time, but they are sound players who should develop into solid contributors. Best of luck in MLS!

MChambers
01-19-2008, 05:33 PM
I am really happy for those guys. They are all close friends and must be excited to be heading to the same place. Making the transition to the professional ranks is not easy, both from an athletic and personal standpoint. Yet, having each other around should help ease their transition and allay the pressures of MLS life. I expect that Vidiera will see a good amount of playing time right off the bat, provided he can get healthy, because his game is already primed for the next level. Germanese and Wadsworth might take longer to develop and win more playing time, but they are sound players who should develop into solid contributors. Best of luck in MLS!

Apparently the reason Videira did not go higher is because he wants to play overseas.