PDA

View Full Version : my first post

MikeS
01-18-2008, 12:17 AM
I would just like to introduce my self to you guys, I am Mike Stevens and I am from Virginia and a huge duke fan. I found you guys searching for Duke forums on google and this place looks great.

Thanks,
MikeS

jzp5079
01-18-2008, 12:25 AM
check out http://myblogdevils.eponym.com/blog (add to favorites)

and take a look at the scout.com boards as well.

Ben63
Welcome Mike. Great to have another Dukie on board. I look forward to seeing your posts. Welcome.

Ben63

mus074
read past threads on recruiting, rotation/playing time/depth and bbq, and you've read just about everything posted here.

SeattleIrish
01-18-2008, 12:28 AM
I've always had a soft spot for Virginia, despite never having lived there. Just seems to have a pace to things that agrees with my disposition.

Glad to have you here, Mike. For my money, this is the most civil posting fan site of which I've ever been a part.

s.i.

SeattleIrish
01-18-2008, 12:30 AM
read past threads on recruiting, rotation/playing time/depth and bbq, and you've read just about everything posted here.

Yeah, but the real juice is in the "off topic" and "public policy" boards - I don't post on either much, but I love lurking there!

s.i.

dukemomLA
01-18-2008, 02:21 AM
Posting or lurking, it doesn't much matter on DBR -- the BEST website on the planet! I lurked for years before I posted anything. But LOVED every minute of scrolling the Main Board, Off Topic and Public Policy.

Welcome to our world! It's addictive.... just thought you should know that.

ugadevil
01-18-2008, 11:04 AM
I would just like to introduce my self to you guys, I am Mike Stevens and I am from Virginia and a huge duke fan. I found you guys searching for Duke forums on google and this place looks great.

Thanks,
MikeS

Mike Stevens, as in the reporter for WDBJ 7 in Roanoke?

Bluedog
01-18-2008, 11:26 AM

Thanks,
MikeS

It's interesting that DBR message boards come up as #7 when googling "duke basketball message board" (note: not using quotes in actual search). Devils Illustrated is the first hit, followed by Yahoo! message boards, ESPN's Duke page, Scout.com, DukeUpdate.com, and THEN DBR. Although, admittedly, my IP address right now is actually Canadian, so my results might be slightly different. Stupid Canada....I'm surprised that DBR is so far down the list though on google results. We need more links to this page!

Jumbo
01-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Welcome. Please read this (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3350)thread to get a better understanding of the site.

DukePA
01-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Welcome home! This is a fantastic site and as mentioned previously, addicting.

GO DUKE!!! GTHC!!

greybeard
01-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi Mike, my name is greybeard and I'm a DBR addict too. :)

captmojo
01-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Come on in. Have a drink.

devildeac
01-19-2008, 08:29 AM

Thanks,
MikeS

Thanks for joining the club, er, pub, er site. Anyway, the 1st drink is on OZZIE...

OZZIE4DUKE
01-19-2008, 08:41 AM
Thanks for joining the club, er, pub, er site. Anyway, the 1st drink is on OZZIE...

Deal! And it doesn't have to be a Bud Light.

Lavabe
01-19-2008, 10:12 AM

Umm ... is Mike of age to drink?:o

Welcome to the Board. You might also check out the stickies on spelling, the Handy Pocket Reference Guide, and others.

Cheers,
Lavabe

P.S. ugadevil: are you suggesting he's an imposter Mike Stevens?;)

dukegirlinsc
01-19-2008, 03:19 PM
hi & welcome.
i am new here as well.

:)

devildeac
01-19-2008, 03:52 PM
hi & welcome.
i am new here as well.

:)

I hope you have been properly welcomed. If not, please allow me to be the 1st on the welcoming committee. And, as always, the 1st beer is on OZZIE!!
Welcome.

dukegirlinsc
01-19-2008, 04:09 PM
I hope you have been properly welcomed. If not, please allow me to be the 1st on the welcoming committee. And, as always, the 1st beer is on OZZIE!!
Welcome.

Indeed I have!
Everyone has been great so far.

Thank you, thank you! :D

Oh, and because I forgot earlier:

I'm Megan.
24 from Myrtle Beach.
Ello fellow dukies! <3

Indoor66
01-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Indeed I have!
Everyone has been great so far.

Thank you, thank you! :D

Oh, and because I forgot earlier:

I'm Megan.
24 from Myrtle Beach.
Ello fellow dukies! <3

Welcome. Be careful of some of the old men on the board....:)

DukePA
01-19-2008, 04:36 PM

Welcome! Don't worry, there are a few us old women to protect you, not that you'll neet it :cool:. This is an awesome place to hang out.

Donna

dukestheheat
01-19-2008, 09:34 PM

a classic response. LOL.

dth.

CrazyCat
01-19-2008, 09:46 PM
Welcome to the site Mike S. I am pretty new here as well, but can I tell you how warm and cozy it is in here. My name is Cathy by the way, and I am 38, from NC, but currently dwell in Chicago. The thing that makes this board so awesome is everyones love and support for Duke. It is almost like we have our own little Cameron Crazie cheering section in here. Sit back and have fun..

devildeac
01-19-2008, 10:33 PM

Heyyy, you resemble that remark(oops, so do I:o ).

captmojo
01-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Heyyy, you resemble that remark(oops, so do I:o ).

Another one rides the bus. A hearty welcome to all Duke girls in SC, or NC, or VA, or anywhere else for that matter.