PDA

View Full Version : Women's hoops notes

jimsumner
01-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Tickets going well for Sunday's game against State. Probably not going to be a sell-out but good chance reserved seats will be sold out. Tennessee and UNC expected to be sell-outs so if you're inclined to by tickets for these games, sooner is better than later.

Chante Black and Krystal Thomas being held out of practice but are expected to play Sunday.

McCallie thought that Duke was too passive at the beginning of the Maryland game and then shot too quickly in an attempt to catch up. Didn't work the inside enough and couldn't get to the foul line. Still seems to feel confident that Duke is going to continue to get better as the season progresses. Needs to play 40 minutes not 30.

McCallie seems a bit perplexed at Cheek's inability to stay out of foul trouble.

McCallie thought that Abby played her best all-around game against Maryland.
She's become more than just a shooter.

Abby says that she's not worried about her shooting slump, just a matter of timing. Shooters keep shooting.

Everybody looking forward to Sunday. Retirement ceremony for Harding, lots of former players coming back, lots of energy.

Lots of discussion about the ACC v. Big Ten. McCallie thinks the ACC is just as physical as the Big 10 but is more athletic. Biggest difference? ACC teams can score more quickly and have more depth.

BlueDevilBaby
01-17-2008, 06:32 PM
McCallie thought that Abby played her best all-around game against Maryland. She's become more than just a shooter.

IMO, I thought she played great. She seemed to me to play the hardest. She did not get frustrated with the very few open looks she had on offense. She's a heady player like Jon. She definitely had the most name-yelling ("That's it Abby!) plays for me.