PDA

View Full Version : Will Patterson go pro?

Ignatius07
01-15-2008, 11:18 PM
One of the few bright spots for Kentucky this year has been former Duke target Patrick Patterson. Averaging 17 and 8 at such a high-profile school will get some attention. I seem to remember when we were recruiting him that he was viewed as at least a 3-year player. Is there any possibility he will bolt after this year? If not, it seems like he won't stay much longer than 2 years, just based on his productivity.

Patrick Yates
01-15-2008, 11:28 PM
PP is not a slam Dunk lottery pick. This years draft is teeming with player who will definitely go ahead of him. Now, a monster Feb and March could change that, but I doubt it. He is a 6-8 ish 245 lb pf. That is a little undersized for the league. He will have to hit some mid range js and rebound like a fiend to prove he belongs.

Personally, I think he needs 3 years in college. But. As strong as this years draft is likely to be, next year's is a wasteland. That is based on an epically weak 08 HS class, who will be eligible for the 09 draft. Compared to that group of "talents" PP looks like a good probability for the top half of the lottery.

IMHO.

Patrick Yates

dukebballcamper90-91
01-16-2008, 01:30 PM
After seeing him get his stuff smacked in the 3rd row a time or 2 last night by a no name game from Miss St, I doubt it. He should have came to Duke. Mod, can we get rid of non Duke threads like this? Why did I even waste my time with this post.

BlueDevilJay
01-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Patterson was huge in the Vandy game from what I saw earlier in the week though. (Im forced to watch UK games as well, as my wife is a UK lifer). I was also down at Duke bball camp during 90-91, your screenname caught my attention.

whereinthehellami
01-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Whenever I hear his name I can only think of that clip of him eating the forbidden fruit. I can't believe the guy didn't drop off the map after that one. I hope he never has to play in front of the crazies!

greybeard
01-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Depends on how much they're willing to pay him, right? Kentucky, that is. ;)

JBDuke
01-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Um, why do we care? He plays for a team that isn't in our conference, isn't on our schedule, and looks like they won't make the NCAAs, so we're unlikely to meet them in the tournament.

speedevil
01-16-2008, 08:27 PM
One of the few bright spots for Kentucky this year has been former Duke target Patrick Patterson. Averaging 17 and 8 at such a high-profile school will get some attention. I seem to remember when we were recruiting him that he was viewed as at least a 3-year player. Is there any possibility he will bolt after this year? If not, it seems like he won't stay much longer than 2 years, just based on his productivity.
well he didnt come to duke, so it doesnt matter to duke if he goes pro or stays at kentucky for 4 years.