PDA

View Full Version : Olek Czyz youtube link...

Madrasdukie
01-15-2008, 07:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2TXxeVy9h4

I don't recall seeing this link here in the past but I could have missed it...

Clipsfan
01-15-2008, 07:58 PM
As typical, there's some Duke-hating going on in the comments. It looks like Czyz can dunk, but they don't show much else in that clip. I'm still happy at the thought of an athletic 6'8" coming to help fill out the front line.

CDu
01-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Definitely athletic and doesn't look awkward. That's a nice thing. Hard to gauge much else as it looks like he's just bigger and more athletic than his competition (and it's a compilation of just his highlights). But if he's able to bang, rebound, run and finish at the rim, that'd still be useful.

Bob Green
01-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Another skill that Olek Czyz possesses is the ability to shoot free throws. He went 14-16 from the line in a game last week. He has consistently knocked down his free throws all season.

uncwdevil
01-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Wait, was that Lt. Dangle reffing one of his games?

Ignatius07
01-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Clearly Czyz can jump and dunk - is he considered to be a good rebounder, though?

SeattleIrish
01-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Olek had a couple of bad games early this season, but he looks great in that video - particularly impressive ball handling and body control for a big guy. He looked very comfortable with the ball, which hasn't always been true of some of our post players.

I realize it's a highlight video, but it did get me more excited about his potential.

s.i.

p.s. - thanks for the link, Madras!

bbar7502
01-15-2008, 10:47 PM
this might be weird to say but it reminds me a lot of a mcroberts highlight video i saw a few years back... i think he has potential to grow into a great player

Madrasdukie
01-15-2008, 11:21 PM
SeattleIrish said:
I realize it's a highlight video, but it did get me more excited about his potential.

My feelings exactly.

p.s. - thanks for the link, Madras![/QUOTE]

You're welcome.

BigTedder
01-16-2008, 01:09 PM
looks like a re-make of McRoberts to me...

whereinthehellami
01-16-2008, 01:17 PM
I don't see the connection to McRoberts. McRoberts was highly ranked, polished. In HS McRoberts could do it all, score, pass, and rebound. Czyz is not as highly ranked and definately not as polished at the same point in HS. Czyz has a motor and tries to dunk everything inside. His HS coach was quoted as saying that Czyz needs to learn that some shots don't require a windmill dunk.

dukebballcamper90-91
01-16-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm not one to hype a recruit like all the tar hole fans. He does show some athletic ability and he looks like he could fit in good coming off the bench giving us a spark or 2 with a dunk.

SeattleIrish
01-16-2008, 02:26 PM
As long as he has a strong heart and is willing to battle hard under the basket, I'll be happy. If I remember correctly, he hasn't been playing hoops all that long, so his abilities now may not indicate his ceiling.

I'd rather have a guy 6'8 who is willing to fight for position and rebounds than an inside 6'10 guy who doesn't want contact.

s.i.

p.s. - I really don't intend that as a slam on McRoberts. I think most of us wanted him to be a player he really wasn't...and that's our problem, not his, IMO.

hondoheel
01-16-2008, 03:34 PM
I remember Chris Burgess doing the shirt off dunk. I think that was popularized by Rex Chapman.

whereinthehellami
01-16-2008, 03:49 PM
I remember Chris Burgess doing the shirt off dunk. I think that was popularized by Rex Chapman.

I remember David Lee wining a slam dunk contest with that one.

heifer
01-16-2008, 05:38 PM
didn't McBob do the between-the-legs jam at the HS dunk contest? maybe that's what is reminding people of McRoberts.