PDA

View Full Version : NCAA March Madness VIP Pass

mph
01-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Many of you have used March Madness On Demand which allows you to watch live streaming of CBS's tournament coverage from your computer. It's completely free and a great way to watch the first round games while "working."

Given the high demand for this service, you are placed in a "waiting room" when there's not enough capacity. If last year was any indication, expect to spend some time waiting. You can minimize your time in the waiting room by signing up for a VIP Pass through the NCAA. The passes are free but there's a limited number, so those of you who are interested should sign up now (http://www.ncaasports.com/mmod).

billybreen
01-12-2008, 11:20 PM
It's nice that their banner image is a shot of Jason Williams from the UCLA game in the 2001 Sweet 16.

JG Nothing
01-12-2008, 11:48 PM
The passes are free but there's a limited number, so those of you who are interested should sign up now (http://www.ncaasports.com/mmod).

Thanks for the information.

JBDuke
01-12-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm planning to take two days of vacation and renew my DirecTV MEGA March Madness package. Therefore, no need for the VIP pass...

billybreen
01-12-2008, 11:53 PM
I wonder how many years we are from having HD quality streaming. I'm guessing at least 5.

Bluedog
01-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Does anybody know from previous years in the MMOD works in other countries besides the US? It let me sign up for VIP access and I haven't seen something to suggest it won't work, but I just wanted to check. I actually DO live in the US, but my IP address from work is in another country....I know, weird. At least, then it probably won't black me out of ANY games since I doubt it's being played on the local station in the city my IP address is in.

dukemomLA
01-13-2008, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the link! I also have MegaMarchMadness, but...figured if there's a time I'm not at home, I can use the VIP pass. AND if not, well, I'll be able to "pass" it along to another DBR reader who didn't register in time for the VIP.

devildownunder
01-13-2008, 06:13 AM
Does anybody know from previous years in the MMOD works in other countries besides the US? It let me sign up for VIP access and I haven't seen something to suggest it won't work, but I just wanted to check. I actually DO live in the US, but my IP address from work is in another country....I know, weird. At least, then it probably won't black me out of ANY games since I doubt it's being played on the local station in the city my IP address is in.

I'm in Australia and last year it was available here and it worked brilliantly. The only time I had to wait at all was before the first set of games on the first day. And even then, it was just a handful of minutes. After that, the wait was 30 seconds or so at the most, if any at all. I did sign up for the VIP access, which does help some, but it really was not an issue. The only down side to any of this was that only the first 3 rounds were aired live. The final three were available on delay only. But once the tournament gets to the elite 8, some of the games are aired here on espn international, so that wasn't so bad.

Also, if you live in a country in which broadband access is not unlimited, cbs's stream is a good one to pick up because it burns bandwidth relatively slowly. Enjoy the games!

4decadedukie
01-13-2008, 06:42 AM
Thank you