PDA

View Full Version : ACC Season Begins this Weekend

gw67
01-10-2008, 03:35 PM
This weekend, the ACC season begins in earnest with six games involving all twelve teams. I expect all home teams to win their games although Miami, BC and Virginia Tech are all very beatable. The games are:

NC State @ UNC
Georgia Tech @ Miami
Wake @ BC
Florida State @ Clemson
Maryland @ Virginia Tech
Virginia @ Duke

I don’t expect State to beat the Heels but it will be interesting to see the matchup between the two best centers. Florida State will match its’ 4-guard offense against the big frontline of Clemson. This game will also match one of the best free throw shooting teams in the country against one of the worst. Virginia was recently destroyed by Xavier and I expect them to get hammered by the Devils. Like Duke, they don’t have a strong inside game and, except for Singletary, Duke has more talent in the backcourt/wing positions plus the big advantage of playing at CIS. The Terps will have a tough time at Tech without Hayes but Vasquez is currently playing as well as any perimeter player in the league. Miami should be able to handle Tech at home and it’s a toss up between Wake and BC although I like the potential of Wake.

gw67

gw67
01-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Both Sagarin and Pomeroy predict that the six home teams will win although the Wake-BC and Maryland-VT games are predicted to be close.

gw67