PDA

View Full Version : Gotta hunker down

KyDevilinIL
03-12-2007, 01:17 AM
I've tried to gauge the national reaction to our seeding over the past few hours. As expected, it's overwhelmingly negative.

This will be a tough few days, capped by what will probably be a tough game against VCU. The upset predictions have already begun. I think public opinion influenced upsets of Duke in the past -- MSU and LSU spring to mind -- because it instills confidence in the underdog and makes Duke think a little.

Tourney games often are won psychologically and emotionally. Especially in early rounds, basketball logic doesn't always apply. The anti-Duke stuff can fuel us or fear us. On Thursday, where our heads are could be the deciding factor.

I know K realizes this. I hope he finds a way to get the guys on the same page. Anything less, and we'll be toast.

Bob Green
03-12-2007, 01:49 AM
Good point! Winning in the post season usually comes down to two factors:

1. Having a better game plan than your opponent.
2. Executing the plan.

With Coach K and staff, I'm confident we will have a better plan so it is up to the players to execute the plan. The mental aspect you discuss is very important. Of course, sometimes one team is simply outmanned. IMO, there isn't a team in this tournament that we can't beat on a given night.

Bob Green
Yokosuka, Japan