PDA

View Full Version : SMU gets their man

365Duke
01-07-2008, 03:34 PM
They have hire June Jones from Hawaii.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/01/07/ap.fbc.apnewsalert.ap/index.html

I must say that I wondered a little about him in the coaching search, however, every time I saw an interview with him I felt dirty. I have no reason whatsoever why. He just come across smug and arrogant to me for some reason. Man, I am so happy with what we got:D

You also have to wonder why Hawaii did not even try hard to keep him.

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-07-2008, 04:12 PM
They have hire June Jones from Hawaii.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/01/07/ap.fbc.apnewsalert.ap/index.html

I must say that I wondered a little about him in the coaching search, however, every time I saw an interview with him I felt dirty. I have no reason whatsoever why. He just come across smug and arrogant to me for some reason. Man, I am so happy with what we got:D

You also have to wonder why Hawaii did not even try hard to keep him.

Maybe you're still remembering the scandals which brought the death penalty to the SMU program in 1989. If it turns out he's not up to the challenge, the folk over in Highland Park will see him out the door.

ugadevil
01-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Jones left Hawaii because he was worried that he might get hit by another blitzing linebacker from Georgia even when he returned to the island.

Troublemaker
01-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Jones left Hawaii because he was worried that he might get hit by another blitzing linebacker from Georgia even when he returned to the island.

Hehe. Gawd, that matchup was unfair.

throatybeard
01-07-2008, 06:59 PM
That's the last vacancy, right?

I forget whether it was 17 or 18 coaching turnovers this year. That's like 1 in 6 in I-A.

mgtr
01-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Well, my basic math skills suggest that not every coach can have a winning season every year -- ie, there will be big turnovers in the coaching fraternity.

Deslok
01-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Maybe you're still remembering the scandals which brought the death penalty to the SMU program in 1989. If it turns out he's not up to the challenge, the folk over in Highland Park will see him out the door.

Just a slight correction note, the death penalty came in 1987, not 1989(my brother was at SMU at the time, so I'm positive on the time frame)

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Just a slight correction note, the death penalty came in 1987, not 1989(my brother was at SMU at the time, so I'm positive on the time frame)
I should have checked my source better! My nephew's a Mustang, too!