PDA

View Full Version : Presbyterian v. Ga Tech

devilish
01-06-2008, 02:41 PM
PC down 2 with 5:56 to go...

devilish
01-06-2008, 02:55 PM
...Tech took control late - 77-64 Final.

devildeac
01-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Are the Hosers actually respectable or is the ACC just really weak?

RelativeWays
01-06-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm guessing the latter. The three teams they played, Wake, NCSU and GT have issues, particularly Wake and GT with youth and inexperience. State should have the talent enough to blast Presby, but they've struggled as well. I will be surprised if the ACC has 5 NCAA tourney teams this year. So far it looks like UNC, Duke, Clemson (maybe) and Miami (maybe). Possible that UVA may sneak in.

Duvall
01-06-2008, 10:05 PM
I will be surprised if the ACC has 5 NCAA tourney teams this year. So far it looks like UNC, Duke, Clemson (maybe) and Miami (maybe). Possible that UVA may sneak in.

I think Clemson will be in.

devilish
01-07-2008, 06:55 AM

The Hose are a team with strong Div-II type talent playing a tough D-I schedule. Playing the entire clock and packing in a 2-3 zone against the big boys. My guess if if any of these teams could hit an outside jumper, they would be blowing PC away by 30+. The three ACC teams they played could not, so they did not. And State has big problems.

Mike Corey
01-07-2008, 08:05 AM

The New York Times recently ran a front-page story (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/30/sports/ncaabasketball/30bluehose.html?_r=1&oref=slogin) on Presbyterian, and its efforts to "get its name out there" this season by playing an outrageously difficult slate.

One day, Coach Gregg Nibert said, he hopes the Blue Hose will be able to go punch for punch on the court, at least with teams in the smaller Division I conferences like the Big South, which Presbyterian will join next year.

But for now, he is content to barnstorm, collecting $25,000 to $60,000 per appearance at Madison Square Garden-sized college arenas. After a season of predictable poundings, he will come home with about $650,000 for Presbyterian’s coffers.

“We wanted to get our names out there to let everybody across the country know that we’re going to Division I,” Nibert said. The rush of colleges like Presbyterian to Division I has raised enough eyebrows that, in August, the N.C.A.A. placed a four-year moratorium on others making the move.